what to expect? m/c today — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

what to expect? m/c today

Hi,
Unfortunately, I am new to this board, but very thankful that it exists to support us. I woke up this morning spotting and cramping. Mu Hcg level dropped from 50 to 10 over the  weekend. I have already spoken with my doctor. This is my first m/c and I guess it would be labeled a natural miscarriage? Those that experienced this- what was your experience? How long did it last? At this point, the spotting has turned into a light period with cramping . If you took off of work, how long were you out? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: what to expect? m/c today

• I'm sorry you are going through this. I had a natural miscarriage last week at 8w6d. Here's how it happened for me:

5w6d: embryo stopped growing
    6w6d to 7w5d: brown bleeding
    7w6d to 8w5d: red bleeding
    8w6d: more red bleeding, labor-like cramps (in intervals, but not nearly as strong as labor contractions) for two hours, then I passed something larger that I could definitely feel.
    Now: my bleeding has slowed down and is now nearly gone 5 days after.

HCG: 12000 at 8w1d, 10000 at 8w4d

It was all very manageable and not very painful for me. Cramping is a good sign for impending miscarriage. Hopefully it will all happen quickly for you. Good luck and take care of yourself!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ***siggy warning***

So sorry you are going thru this, hun. I didn't have cramping at first, just some bleeding (enough to cover a panty liner). Then I had nothing for an entire day. Then I had intense cramping (like a period and even a little worse) and heavy bleeding with lots of clots. My bleeding lasted 17 days and that included heavy bleeding and very light spotting toward the end. My hcg level when the m/c occurred was 99 and it took 3 weeks to get to 3 (less than 5 is considered negative). I was 5w2d at time of m/c and this was my 2nd pregnancy.

T&P for you. ((Hugs))

BFP #1 8.6.2011 EDD 4.7.2012 DS1 born 3.30.2012

BFP #2 1.21.2014 EDD 10.1.2014 natural m/c 1.30.2014
    BFP #3 4.30.2014 EDD 1.10.2015 DS2 born 12.31.2014
    imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • How far along? I have had 2. The first one was not bad at all physically speaking. I was only 6 weeks. Started with spotting and turned into a "period" with clots and cramping. I took Motrin and even went to work to distract myself. I wouldn't recommend going to work but my point is it was fairly manageable as far as pain is concerned.

The 2nd one, however, totally different. I was 10 weeks. I tried to miscarry naturally at home but hemorrhaged and got rushed to the ER and had an emergency D&C.

I really think everyone is different and even every miscarriage is different. But I do think my 2nd one was worse bc I was further along.

I'm so sorry you are going through this but glad you found this board for support. Make sure you rest, drink a lot of water.

Hang in there!
  • Only 6 weeks. I am finding that is "manageable" with ibuprofen. Trying to decide whether or not to go back to work tomorrow or to take another day. I am a teacher so I have to be interactive all day( can't just hide away).

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  I've had 2 MMC, so no symptoms for me and had two D&Cs, just wanted to offer some (((hugs)))

Me 34 DH 31, Together since 2003, Married August 20, 2011,  TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 August 24, 2013! MMC discovered Oct. 3, 2013, D&C Oct. 4, 2013
    BFP #2 December 17, 2013! MMC discovered Jan. 28, 2014, D&C Jan. 30, 2014
    Testing done: male with complete Trisomy 16, not hereditary. Tested me for clotting disorders, all normal.
    Feb. 2014 all clear again to TTC!  Will start progesterone supplementation with the next BFP just in case.       Oct. 2014 more testing just because, thyroid and autoimmune panels = normal.  Diagnostic U/S = no abnormalities.  Will keep trying for 3-6 more months, doctor still optimistic!

BFP #3 December 11, 2014!  Beta #1 14DPO = 122.4 Beta #2 17DPO = 296.8 Please stick little one and be our Rainbow!

Perfect little heartbeat of 156 seen 1/7/15 :)

***Everybody Welcomed***  :)  

EDD 8/21/2015 Team Green!

IAmPregnant Tickerrainbows                

photo Multiple4_zps436a50cc.jpg photo April3_zps882432ab.jpg August 2 

August 2015 Siggy Challenge: Favorite mean girl from a movie or show:  Kathy Bates in "Misery"

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Every miscarriage is totally different. I am also a teacher and just had a natural m/c. It was my second so I kind of knew what was happening and went to work. I took off the next day to see the doctor and that was a Friday so I had the rest of the weekend to recover. I would say whatever you are comfortable doing is what is right for you. Welcome to the board and I hope you find some support here like I have.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards