Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

New here :( Looking for help

Hi everyone,

So sad to be joining this group. We seem to be in the process of losing our little one after years of TTC. I am very new to the process as I mistakenly believed my problem was always getting pregnant, not staying pregnant. I am heartbroken as I just can't believe after 2 years the one pregnancy I had was taken away so swiftly. 
Anyhow I have some questions on when this awful process will begin. The waiting to miscarry just seems like an insult to add to injurt. 
I had betas done at 14, 16 and 19 dpo. They were rising, albeit slowly and not doubling (104, 145 and 260 respectively with 260 being on Thursday). I was told it could go either way but was being monitored for ectopic.
Saturday night I had a bleed that lasted about an hour and soaked a pad. I passes 3-4 large clots (about the size of a quarter). I had spotted most of the pregnancy despite large doses of progesterone. 
On Sunday at 5w1d my RE did an u/s and saw nothing in the uterus or tubes (common for such an early scan but needed after the bleed the night before). My RE did say my lining was pretty thin, and not indicative of a pregnancy. My blood came back later that day as 170. 
So Thursday my blood HCG was 260 and Sunday it was 170. The doctor said I was miscarrying and to stop progesterone.

My question is...when should I expect to bleed? Would the progesterone have prolonged what probably started Sat. night? Will there even be any more bleeding or was Sat it??  So far I have no cramps or bleeding but I just don't know what to expect. 

I go back tomorrow for HCG check to make sure my levels keep dropping. if they don't will I need a d&c? Do they even do that this early?

Any help, support or guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciate. Of course I will ask the RE all this tomorrow when I go, but just wondering if anyone here experienced dropping betas and if so, how soon after did you bleed. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Joanna (30) Michael (31) 
Twin sons born June 2009 after 1 Year ART, 
Anthony and Brandon 6/25/09 
Trying for #3 for 2 years
IUI #10- BFP! m/c 2/23/2014 

Re: New here :( Looking for help

• I'm sorry for your loss.  I'm probably not too much of a help because my body never miscarried on its own.  I can tell you though that when I had my D&Cs, they were done when the fetus was measuring 6 1/2 weeks (even though I should have been around 10 weeks)  So I believe that they can do it that early, it's just a matter of if your body is passing naturally or not.  I wish you luck with everything.

Me 34 DH 31, Together since 2003, Married August 20, 2011,  TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 August 24, 2013! MMC discovered Oct. 3, 2013, D&C Oct. 4, 2013
    BFP #2 December 17, 2013! MMC discovered Jan. 28, 2014, D&C Jan. 30, 2014
    Testing done: male with complete Trisomy 16, not hereditary. Tested me for clotting disorders, all normal.
    Feb. 2014 all clear again to TTC!  Will start progesterone supplementation with the next BFP just in case.       Oct. 2014 more testing just because, thyroid and autoimmune panels = normal.  Diagnostic U/S = no abnormalities.  Will keep trying for 3-6 more months, doctor still optimistic!

BFP #3 December 11, 2014!  Beta #1 14DPO = 122.4 Beta #2 17DPO = 296.8 Please stick little one and be our Rainbow!

Perfect little heartbeat of 156 seen 1/7/15 :)

***Everybody Welcomed***  :)  

EDD 8/21/2015 Team Green!

IAmPregnant Tickerrainbows                

photo Multiple4_zps436a50cc.jpg photo April3_zps882432ab.jpg August 2 

August 2015 Siggy Challenge: Favorite mean girl from a movie or show:  Kathy Bates in "Misery"

• I'm sorry for your loss and welcome to the board. I m/ced last year at 10 weeks and required a D&C but I also didn't bleed during the m/c so I retained a lot of tissue. Its good that your body is trying to pass it naturally but if you are passing a lot of clots then they may tell you to have a D&C. An u/s would show whether there is tissue leftover. Also you will need to follow up with blood work to make sure betas continue to drop. They might level out at some point (this happened to me last time) but they should get to zero and then become negative. The time this takes varies from person to person. Feel better and take it easy on yourself!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss.  I've miscarried naturally twice.  Once was very early, so early I had no idea how far along I was, as I have irregular periods.  The other was at 7w5d.  Both times involved a period of about 2-3 hours of heavy HEAVY bleeding, with light bleeding for the rest of the time, lasting about 7 days altogether.  The first time I had to get my HCG level checked once a week for 6 weeks until it went down to 0.  The second time, my doctor (different doctor from the first time) was happy with the decrease in HCG level between the day of my m/c and a week and a half later, that she said that she was confident that the tissue had all passed.  I ended up getting my period 6.5 weeks later.

That being said, everyone's experience is very different.  I hope that you've already experienced the worst of it.  I know that not knowing what to expect is the hardest part and waiting for your HCG levels to go down takes longer than it seems like it should.  

Good luck and take it easy as much as you can.  Easier said that done, I know.
    View Raw Image" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; border: 0px; font-weight: bold; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 102, 153); cursor: pointer; outline: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
    TTC since Feb 2013
    BFP #1 EDD Dec 2013 (blighted ovum discovered during u/s on 4/26/13)
    BFP #2 EDD 7/17/14 (SCH, 12/4/13, 7w5d)
    BFP #3 EDD 11/13/14 (chemical pregnancy, 3/14/14, 5w2d)
    Testing done in May 2014, no clear cause for losses.
    BFP #4 EDD 3/26/15 Beta #1 1350 @ 18 DPO. Beta #2 4950 @ 21 DPO.  Ultrasound #1 @ 28 DPO 103 BPM!

image        image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"