March 2014 Moms

B fest Monday

Re: B fest Monday

• I can't stand that my 2 dogs bark non stop anymore. They are getting on my nerves! Oh and the young one who knows better ate 2 pairs of my shoes this weekend. And I even put them away! Ugh all of my kids and fur babies are grounded @-)
  • cmb2cmb2 member
    edited February 2014

linzy523   Call your dr about your rib pain ASAP or go to L&D and insist on a blood test.  Not trying to scare you, sorry - but the right rib pain was the only sign for me that I had HELLP syndrome, and basically my liver was failing.  I ignored it bc I thought it was typical end of pregnancy pain that I had to deal with. Had I not had an NST scheduled and mentioned it to the nurse, who then ran labs, they said I probably would have gone home, gone to bed, not woken up - it's scary stuff not to be messed with!

I never had protein in my urine, or high bp that was worth taking a second look at.  It's worth it to get tested and be safe than sorry!

It's not a super common pregnancy issue, don't let your dr brush you off that it's nothing.

Fingers crossed that it's nothing and just baby kicking you :)

ETA: For me it basically felt like a charlie horse under my right ribs that didn't go away no matter what position I was in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My BIL is a huge douche canoe. I never asked him to get TDaP because honestly we will only be seeing in April for Passover and he has no interest in babies or children (hence one of the reasons he is not involved with his own son). Apparently my MIL asked him to get one and said they had all gotten theirs etc. His response "why would I do that, I am not going out of my way for that and I don't even want to hold the baby." Ugh. At least I know his ex and son aren't getting vaccinated because they are crazy anti-vaxers. I disagree with her stance and think she is out of her mind, but at least she has a "reason" (they won't be holding or interacting with LO at Passover either because of this).

There are lots of reasons I dislike him, but right now...I can't stand him.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have to go to the dentist today and I am not a fan :( and I have to go to my IL's for dinner tonight, which is gonna turn into an interrogation about the state of my cervix. So pretty much a fucktastic Monday.
    Thank god I am not working today!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • cmb2 said:

linzy523   Call your dr about your rib pain ASAP or go to L&D and insist on a blood test.  Not trying to scare you, sorry - but the right rib pain was the only sign for me that I had HELLP syndrome, and basically my liver was failing.  I ignored it bc I thought it was typical end of pregnancy pain that I had to deal with. Had I not had an NST scheduled and mentioned it to the nurse, who then ran labs, they said I probably would have gone home, gone to bed, not woken up - it's scary stuff not to be messed with!

I never had protein in my urine, or high bp that was worth taking a second look at.  It's worth it to get tested and be safe than sorry!

It's not a super common pregnancy issue, don't let your dr brush you off that it's nothing.

ETA: For me it basically felt like a charlie horse under my right ribs that didn't go away no matter what position I was in.

How long did you experience this pain before getting tested? I have similar pains that just started last night. Baby was kicking me there like crazy so I think it is just that but I couldn't get comfortable no matter what and it still hurts today... Dr is at lunch, of course, so I can't talk to anyone for. Another hour. Blah!

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • kmeyers0611

I had the pain for almost 24hours.  It had kept me up whimpering the night before and never went away.  This time around since I'm diligently looking for symptoms they just reiterated that it's the pain that doesn't go away w/ trying different positions.

I also had swelling last time, but again, common pregnancy symptom! That's the scary thing about HELLP - so many of the symptoms can eaily be brushed off as common, especially since it's normally a 3rd tri condition.

Here's some additional info. I hadn't even HEARD of HELLP until I was diagnosed.

https://www.preeclampsia.org/health-information/hellp-syndrome

• So not only is our entire basement out of commission due to our water line breaking, BUT apparently the leaky shower faucet is a bigger problem than we thought. It's leaked through the floor & made a cute pocket of water hanging from the ceiling in our basement bathroom. So now with 32 days left until EDD we get to start an entire bathroom remodel along with the re-installation of flooring in our basement. I'm SO over having things go wrong with this house!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Anyone for post partum annoyances bingo? Just today I've picked up "infected CS incision" and "husbands work keeps expecting him to join conf calls even though he's on PTO". I've already won the special BF edition with my clean sweep of the low milk supply column and am going to have blackout if this fenugreek actually makes me smell like maple syrup, so be forewarned that I might be a ringer in this game.
  • I am starting to unravel. I have more stress at work than I have in years and its my last week.  My happy, sweet toddler has turned into a crying, clingy beast. My husband felt the need to text me continuously on my way in to work this morning, telling me how my son is inconsolable and won't stop crying for me.  Thanks for fucking stressing me out since I can do NOTHING about it at the moment. UGH.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • ceh789 said:
    Anyone for post partum annoyances bingo? Just today I've picked up "infected CS incision" and "husbands work keeps expecting him to join conf calls even though he's on PTO". I've already won the special BF edition with my clean sweep of the low milk supply column and am going to have blackout if this fenugreek actually makes me smell like maple syrup, so be forewarned that I might be a ringer in this game.
    Yikes, infected incision?  Is it really painful?  I'm so sorry you're going through that.  I took 12 Fenugreek pills a day while nursing C, and I only noticed the maple syrup smell when I peed. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• My milk supply totally sucks and it doesn't help that pump hasn't come in from the insurance company yet and I'm stuck using a shitastic hand pump.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am starting to unravel. I have more stress at work than I have in years and its my last week.  My happy, sweet toddler has turned into a crying, clingy beast. My husband felt the need to text me continuously on my way in to work this morning, telling me how my son is inconsolable and won't stop crying for me.  Thanks for fucking stressing me out since I can do NOTHING about it at the moment. UGH.
    I could have written this same thing!  Work is busier than it's been in months, and I keep getting new projects even though my last day is Friday.  And my daughter is acting the same way.  :(  Hope this week goes quickly!

BabyFetus Ticker

Another person in the same boat as you!  DD has been more clingy than ever lately, and my DH will do the same thing and call me when I'm not home from work yet saying how DD has just been crying and crying for mommy :(  I think it might be part sensing a change, but also molars....
  • 1. Mh leaves his shoes in the middle of the floor and I'm constantly tripping over them. It isn't that hard to just push them against a wall somewhere! 2. This baby has been moving up into my ribs and it's uncomfortable. Umm baby, you are supposed to be dropping, you have things backwards!
    Mh does the same thing, even though i've tried to explain numerous times that I can't see what's in front of me because of my giant bump...ugh. Both of my babies have been in my ribs lately, their favorite is to take turns, so, my ribs are constantly sore
  • @cmb2 I think it's partly molars for us, too.  Part of her second one just poked through yesterday, so we've got a long way to go.  They take FOREVER!

BabyFetus Ticker

• @cmb2 I think it's partly molars for us, too.  Part of her second one just poked through yesterday, so we've got a long way to go.  They take FOREVER!
    Thanks, girls...I actually feel better knowing that I am not alone!

I think mine is partly two-year molars as well. I know at least one is coming in, its all swollen and he won't stop chewing on his hands (very unlike him). Is it too much to hope that they all just come in at once to get it over with? Preferably before I give birth?? 

BabyFetus Ticker
    I could have written this same thing!  Work is busier than it's been in months, and I keep getting new projects even though my last day is Friday.  And my daughter is acting the same way.  :(  Hope this week goes quickly!

I'm in the same boat here as well. My sweet little DD has grown little devil horns...seemingly only directed at me. And I'm becoming convinced that work does not believe it when I say that I really am not going to actually work when I'm on leave since they aren't paying me. Last time I was paid 100% the whole time I was off...so I answered emails or urgent calls. This time they are paying me 0%, so I am working 0% of the time. Honestly I think they are just in denial regardless of how many times i tell them that this is going to be the case....and could conceivably start at any point now. My last day is next Tuesday but I work 3 days/week so I only have 4 days left, one of which is tomorrow which is a full day meeting.
  • I am really over being pregnant. I feel like I need to stretch everywhere, but LO is so tight in there if I stretch my back/stomach/chest at all it hurts like a mofo. 

I spent 4 hrs in L&D last week because of my BP, they thought it was pre-e. My awesome DH told his parents about my BP so now they are way up my ass about not eating an salt etc. But then I told them that my BP really wasn't that high that it was the PRe E they were worried about, assuming that DH told them the whole story. Wrong-o! Blegh. As if I wasn't stressed about it all enough already.

IL all booked their trips down here to see LO. Most won't be getting here until a good month or two after the birth. I couldn't care less, I am just happy they finally decided to book but a few gripes here
    1. DH told them he would take off work, great, well I will be back at work for both visits and I work out of our house, where they will all be staying. And of course I need to save my extra PTO for dr appointments etc.
    2. They are coming back to back, so it will be 2 solid weeks of his parents and then his sister, BIL and 2 nieces. AGGG!

Basically work is usually pretty quiet, but today has been hectic as all get out with a ton of international stuff to be done, which mean s I will be working well past 7 pm with Korea. A-I get hungry, B- i have very little patience as is, but me at 9 months pregnant is purely a crap shoot. and C- I just want a nap already.
  • I took one of our cats to get her vaccinations - and I had to go to the other vet in town.  I did not realize that ours was on vacation (it's a walk in, no appointments vet and I LOVE him!).  This other vet lectured me the whole time how my regular vet is horrible, doesn't practice medicine and I should do better for my animals.  Then, he was trying to talk me into diagnostic stuff for my kitty.  Don't need that - she's perfectly healthy, I just need her shots...  So, he points to my belly and tells me that I have a baby to think about now and need to get these diagnostic things done to my cat to make sure nothing is wrong with her.  Uh, wow... RUDE!
  • Ok my bitch is that I have suddenly gotten sick was up with a fever last night and am just miserable today LO seems to be moving more then ever so I think he is ok but going to see md tomorrow!! I made it my whole pregnancy without being sick and now at 37 weeks the most miserable time lets just add to it!!
  • Laura8388 said:
    Never show up unannounced at the home of someone with a small baby. Especially if you don't bring treats.
    Seriously.  A few months back a friend of MH had a baby and told us to "just stop by any time".  Even though they said to do it, no freaking way - just no.  I'd sooner show up with bags of my dirty laundry for them to wash.  We ended up not meeting the baby until like 4 months (which was fine) because I flat out refused to go there without a specific time set - as usual my socially clueless husband thought I was being unreasonable.
  • Yikes, infected incision?  Is it really painful?  I'm so sorry you're going through that.  I took 12 Fenugreek pills a day while nursing C, and I only noticed the maple syrup smell when I peed. 
    Not really painful, thank god - the OB said its a 'superficial' infection and we caught it early (I was there to get the staples out) so I feel lucky - my sister had a bad infection after her CS a few years ago and it was so awful.

Good news on the fenugreek - I can smell it on my own breath but I'm told no one else can and I really hope it stays that way.  Where did you buy yours, btw?  I found it on Amazon for about $0.03/capsule which isn't awful but since I could need it for a long time and 9/day is a lot I want to make sure I find the best price I can.
  • Laura8388 said:

Never show up unannounced at the home of someone with a small baby.

Especially if you don't bring treats.

Or ring the effing doorbell! Especially when there is a note OVER the doorbell saying don't ring it.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I only have one pair of pants that still fits comfortably. (Not going to try to find any more this late in the game!) But now they are in the wash. And since they shrink a bit in the dryer, I'm letting them air-dry. And sitting here in slightly uncomfortable pajama pants. ughhh....
    imageimage
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PerkyErky said:
    Never show up unannounced at the home of someone with a small baby. Especially if you don't bring treats.
    Or ring the effing doorbell! Especially when there is a note OVER the doorbell saying don't ring it.

NEVER ring the doorbell! OMG so true!!! We put a sign on ours last time and told most people to call or text when they were close so we could put our dog outside. She goes crazy when people knock or ring the bell and it is so loud and startling that it isn't possible to sleep through...even for a newborn. DH always just wants to 'stop by' (at the instruction of his friends) to see new babies and I always tell him to lock down a very specific time WITH THE MOM, not his buddy who will automatically defer to 'yeah sure just come whenever!'
  • My almost 4 year old has started having night terrors.  I had them as a child and now have new appreciation for my parents.  Dang it's rough to not be able to console your child while they are screaming bloody murder. (It also doesn't help with my already crappy state of sleep.)
  • My DH also has a Man Cold - and has for almost 2 weeks.  He whines at me about feeling tired and having a sore head...I HAVE A SORE EVERYTHING AND I WOULD LOVE TO JUST BE TIRED!!!!   
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My MIL is coming to town Wednesday and I want to run away and pretend it's not happening! At least she's not staying with us, but her 'help' is the opposite of helpful and I don't trust her to watch DS by herself (history or severe alcoholism, poor decision making, bi-polar etc). Can we just skip ahead until next week, please??
  • I've had a single contraction here and there, and all the pain gets concentrated in my back. Happened with DD, too. All day today my back has been in a state of near-cramp/contraction. Like it really really wants a contraction to happen buuuuuut is just gonna wait a little longer and see. And then goes "eh nevermind." Then sneaks up later "maaaaaaybe? Nah." 

Just do it already. 

• My only bitch is I'm still pregnant. I know I haven't reached my due date but for WEEKS I've had cramping and contractions so it's like false labor/false hope! And even still when I get crampy or have a bunch of contractions I'm fooled! Also my doctor is away this week so my appt tom is with a midwife I don't know (which I don't mind) but I just feel like it'll be kinda pointless.
  • Rad&Co said:
    cmb2 said:

kmeyers0611

I had the pain for almost 24hours.  It had kept me up whimpering the night before and never went away.  This time around since I'm diligently looking for symptoms they just reiterated that it's the pain that doesn't go away w/ trying different positions.

I also had swelling last time, but again, common pregnancy symptom! That's the scary thing about HELLP - so many of the symptoms can eaily be brushed off as common, especially since it's normally a 3rd tri condition.

Here's some additional info. I hadn't even HEARD of HELLP until I was diagnosed.

https://www.preeclampsia.org/health-information/hellp-syndrome

I just emailed my doctor! I had a really bad cold a couple of weeks ago and thought I pulled a muscle in my ribs from coughing. The pain hasn't gone away, though, and is constant. Thanks for the heads up, I'm super paranoid about this now!
     I called my dr. to get advice on this 3 hrs ago and haven't heard back... I'm super paranoid about it now as well! 

March Siggy Theme
  • @rad&co , @kmeyers0611

Sorry to scare anyone! Just definitely want to give any sort of PSA/heads up - HELLP has a higher mortality rate than it should because symptoms are so common, and they're more caught w/ a blood test vs. an easy urine test w/ pre-e, and again, I had never heard of it, and it was never discussed with me that that was a symptom to watch out for.

I also considered myself laid back and stubborn during my first pregnancy that eh, it's normal pain, suck it up and deal with it, and am just blessed that I had the NST scheduled and a nurse that listened to me and thought to do the test!

It's scary and not worth messing around with.  Sure, no one wants to be "that pregnant lady" that calls the doctor about nothing - but in this situation, it's much better safe than sorry.

• @rad&co  trust your instincts - you can always go to the hospital and insist they do labs if you're really feeling off.

The nurse that helped me basically had to super super talk the dr into doing the labs - it's common for them to dismiss it (sadly, although how many people do you think call w/ rib pain and it IS just the baby?)

• kmeyers0611kmeyers0611 member
    edited February 2014
    Rad&Co said:
    @cmb2 Don't apologize! I remember reading something else about HELLP on the boards a few months ago but didn't give it much thought. What scares me is the part about not having to have protein in your urine or high BP and still having HELLP since those are the two things they look for in pre e. I'm just praying my doctor calls me back and tells me to come in a get some blood work done!

This exactly!! I called my Dr. back and they called me right away, somehow missed my first message... They want me to go to L&D if pain gets severe tonight, otherwise I am going in tomorrow to see the Dr. so they can rule out liver and gallbladder issues. Fx it's just a bruised muscle from LO kicks! @Rad&Co I hope you hear from yours soon too!!

March Siggy Theme
  • Rad&Co said:
    @cmb2 Don't apologize! I remember reading something else about HELLP on the boards a few months ago but didn't give it much thought. What scares me is the part about not having to have protein in your urine or high BP and still having HELLP since those are the two things they look for in pre e. I'm just praying my doctor calls me back and tells me to come in a get some blood work done!
    this, I went in for very similar situation and went right into L&D, they didn't not think I was weird at all, and ran all the tests. That told me it was a good idea to come in, even though it ended up being fine in my case.
  • cmb2 said:

Thank you for posting this! I had some lab work done for my liver enzymes last week, which were still in the normal range, but my doctor asked me to come back this week to get it double checked because of the continued pain. Fingers crossed it's just normal third trimester pain! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"