Secondary IF

Hi!

jertiejertie member
edited February 2014 in Secondary IF

I've been posting on the IF board for about 3 months now and I just realized that there was a Secondary IF Board!  I'm so glad I found you ladies - and I feel like a complete idiot posting on IF - even though I added a ticker warning - I would feel really bad if I hurt anyone. 

A little info about me:  I'm 41, as is DH.  We've been married 9 years (in May).  We are the proud parents of a 2 yo DD - a.k.a. Pip.  We are also the parents of our DS - Ace - he was stillborn at 30w6d due to a cord accident - and he would have been 4 yo this July.  We were able to conceive after the first try with Ace and on cycle 6 with Pip - but we've been trying since August 2012 and haven't been able to get a sticky baby.  I had one C/P last February - but that's the closest we've gotten.  Finally, in July we decided to reach out for help and we started going to CCRM (in Denver) - which is really convenient - it's about 20 minutes from the house and 5 mins from work.

They basically told me that my FSH (12~something) & Estrodiol is high. My AMH (.52) and resting follicle count (9) is low.  DH is a rockstar in the sperm department - so yeah, it's me and my old eggs that are holding us back.  I had a septoplasty in September and then we did IUI in November - BFN.  They wanted me to do another IUI in December, but I skipped it - I wanted to enjoy the holidays then refocus in the New Year.  So, we started with IVF#1 in January.  I began my pre-sim meds on 1/21 - estrace (2 mg - 30 days), Testosterone(1.25 ml - cd4-30), Prometrium (200 mg - 2xday - cd-21-30) - and my last dose was last Monday.  I started spotting very lightly on Saturday & it continues today - but seriously - it is SO light.  (Like when you get your annual exam and the CM is a little pink.)  The ART nurse says that it should be a full flow, so I just need to be patient.  Seriously?  I have never had to wait this long for AF - this is the longest cycle I've ever had (longest ever was 32 days) - I'm usually like clockwork (27-29 days). 

Once stimming begins, you can see my treatment in my siggy.  I'm really excited to begin - but nervous at the same time.  This will be our one and only IVF cycle.  DH and I decided that we've been holding up our lives too long in the pursuit of a sib for Pip - and if this works it will be awesome, but if not - we will just move on with the business of living. Chances are pretty good that we'll come up empty - but I would like to know that we did everything we could and not be left wondering "what if?".  Whew!  That's a lot of info - so sorry and thank you for reading!  I wish the best for everyone, I look forward to meeting everyone - and good luck on all of your cycles! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hi!

• I am so so sorry to hear about your loss.  Welcome to you and good luck! 

• Welcome and good luck

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss. I hope this cycle works out for you.  You sound remarkable calm and collected for saying that this is your one and only shot.  Welcome and good luck!
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • So sorry to hear about your loss. My daughter was also stillborn due to a cord accident. Good luck!

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Welcome! Sorry for your loss. There are serveral all of us about to start or just started fresh cycles! Welcome to the club. Hope it goes well!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am sorry for your loss. Welcome and good luck!
  • Sorry for your loss, my best friend lost her baby girl that way at 36 weeks. I hope your stay is brief and happy. If you end up with "leftover" frozen embryos from your Ivf cycle, will you use them?
    Trying for #2 with IVF after damage done in a D&C left me with one functioning (but too scarred) ovary and tube to get pregnant safely without assistance. It's a really, really long story, but that is the gist of it.  We have one daughter (whose c-section birth started this roller coaster) born in 2012 after a miscarriage in 2011. 
    Failed 1st attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 3, 1 frozen embryo saved) in December 2013.  
    Failed 2nd attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 5, 2 frozen embryos saved) in February 2014.
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. Welcome and good luck. Hopefully your stay here will be short.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  I look forward to meeting all of you :)

@lucky7wife - I don't know - but probably not. Honestly, I'd actually be stunned if we get any viable blasts at all - I just don't think my egg quality is where it needs to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I am so sorry about your losses. Welcome and good luck.
    Me: 30 Dh: 33   Married: 10 yrs.

BFP #1: 1/04  MMC@15 wks  D&C 4/22/04

DX w/PCOS 1/05, met RE 6/05, HSG 7/05

BFP#2 8/05 w/Clomid 100mg, trigger shot, IUI  (Metformin, Progesterone, Heparin during PG) DD born 5/06

BFP #3 8/09 DS born 4/10

BFP #4: 7/16/13     D&C 8/19/13

• Sorry for your loss. I hope this cycle works out for you.  You sound remarkable calm and collected for saying that this is your one and only shot.  Welcome and good luck!
    Agreed. But knowing how you can feel more and more like this the longer you've been trying. Anyhoo, welcome. Hope your have a smooth cycle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • hi, I"m new too!! :)
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"