Health & Exercise
Options

Postpartum Body Aches

I had my first baby vaginally on February 13th. I had an epidural and after birth they gave me Pitocin. Ever since, my body has been achy especially left side head to toe even in my fingers. It reminds me of the aches you get when you have the flu. I have been nauseated a little too and loss of appetite. I saw my dr on Tuesday and they said maybe hormones or virus. They checked my iron and it was fine. Then I called Tuesday night and they said lets treat you for mastitis since my boobs were engorged and lumpy on Sunday. So they gave me cephalexin. Then Thursday I still wasn't feeling well so I went to the family dr and they refused to see me and told me to go to the ER just in case I needed IV meds. So I go to the ER and they did a CBC and checked electrolytes and some blood fluid levels blood work. All was normal, then they did a CT scan to check for a blood clot in my lung cause my heart rate was 125, but it was just due to me being dehydrated and not enough food that day. Anyways they did a urine test and said I have a UTI even though I didn't really have symptoms of one. What is causing these body aches?

Re: Postpartum Body Aches

• Options
    You could still be achey from birth. It could be that all the dehydration, UTI, etc., are causing some extra aches. If you still feel out of sorts, make sure to bring it up with your GYN or PCP to see if there is anything they can troubleshoot.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"