Secondary IF

Timing WWYD

So as it stands I am poised to start BCPs once AF arrives and then move on to ivf next cycle, so end of March.  Its not the greatest timing work-wise.  But March/April is better than May/June. So if we don't do it March/April then we'd not do it until July.  I am a teacher and so I do have the summer 'off' if you count being home f/t with a 3 y.o. a break (I don't) but at least I don't have to juggle a work schedule with 1hr round trips to the clinic. I could put DD in drop-in d/c so I can do the appointments alone.

Timewise, I'd like to get things started ivf-wise sooner than later since I will be 35 in October. But a couple of months shouldn't change things too much should it?  

Would you wait or forge ahead?

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                             50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                  100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
Took a LONG Break
Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG

Re: Timing WWYD

• Personally, by the time I am ready to forge ahead with IVF, there will be very little that would sway my decision.  If you are all lined up to start, I say go for it.  It sounds like there will be issues and challenges no matter when you do it, so you might as well go for the March/April schedule.
    Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • So, I'll be 34 in oct w 2 1/2 year old now and PreK teacher. We were working w our nurse to time ER & ET for spring break. I totally get the madness! For me I'd forge ahead- I can't wait anymore. Think about July you- really put yourself in that situation- would you be kicking yourself for waiting or glad you waited for some stress to calm down after school year? If July you is cool- then waiting a couple months would possibly only change a birthday- but if you have stress about waiting and feel now is the time- then you'll only beat yourself up. I'm sorry if that doesn't help- but this is the conversation I had with myself about starting up here soon! As you can see from my siggy, I'm going! Good luck in whatever you choose- and stay strong, you'll make a good decision for you and your family :)
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm also pro-forging ahead, mostly bc once I make a decision I want it done yesterday :) Logistically if you can make your schedule work during the school year, I say go for it and enjoy your summer.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• I would go for it. You don't know if it will work the first cycle (though hopefully so). So, if you are cycling march/April and it doesn't work, then you'll have to do a prep month after that, then you'll cycle again may/June, prep, then cycle again July/August. So that gives you three shots at it working before the new school year.

You are only promised now, so I vote act now, don't wait.
    Trying for #2 with IVF after damage done in a D&C left me with one functioning (but too scarred) ovary and tube to get pregnant safely without assistance. It's a really, really long story, but that is the gist of it.  We have one daughter (whose c-section birth started this roller coaster) born in 2012 after a miscarriage in 2011. 
    Failed 1st attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 3, 1 frozen embryo saved) in December 2013.  
    Failed 2nd attempt at IVF (Fresh ET day 5, 2 frozen embryos saved) in February 2014.
  • Jen071407 said:

I'm also pro-forging ahead, mostly bc once I make a decision I want it done yesterday :) Logistically if you can make your schedule work during the school year, I say go for it and enjoy your summer.

I'm the same way! I say go for it. And I don't consider staying home with a toddle full time a break either! Good luck with whatever you choose.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You do not want to wait with IVF, your numbers and fertility can suddenly change as you get older.  I hope and pray this works for you and this is all moot.  
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• If it were me and I could make my schedule work I'd go for it. The waiting just gives me time for my mind to get crazier. But that's just me. Best of luck whatever you decide!
    Me: 30 Dh: 33   Married: 10 yrs.

BFP #1: 1/04  MMC@15 wks  D&C 4/22/04

DX w/PCOS 1/05, met RE 6/05, HSG 7/05

BFP#2 8/05 w/Clomid 100mg, trigger shot, IUI  (Metformin, Progesterone, Heparin during PG) DD born 5/06

BFP #3 8/09 DS born 4/10

BFP #4: 7/16/13     D&C 8/19/13

• I'd go for it fo sho! 

• I always say sooner is better!  GL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"