Detroit Babies

Anyone do a VBAC at St. Joe's in Ypsi?

Hello all. I am due in July and am scheduled to have my child at St. Joes in Ypsi, the same place I had my DD via emergency c, almost 7 years ago.  I went in with an all natural birth plan, but ended up giving in and getting an epidural. DD ended up having a heart rate of almost 200 for about 20 mins by the time I was 8 cm, so they said I needed an emergency C. It was literally the scariest thing I have ever gone through. I never want to go through it again.

This time I plan on doing Hypnobabies. I have an OB, Dr. Davies, through IHA of Canton.  I have already told her I don't want an epidural, even though she "encourages" it for women doing VBAC. There are 6 docs there, and I will meet all of them through my PG.  However, they are doing a trial run March-Sept where they will partner with the Plymouth branch and do only 12 hr shifts at the hospital. So it is possible that I could have one of these doctors. I don't know that I like that. I really want my birth to go as natural as possible and I feel using a dr I don't know at all, could interfere with this.

I am contemplating switching to a midwife, but have not made my final decision yet as I really love my dr.   So my question is, has anyone done a VBAC there? If so, was your experience good/bad? Did you do a natural birth?

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

Re: Anyone do a VBAC at St. Joe's in Ypsi?

• Not sure if you are still checking this, but I delivered at St. Joe's Ypsi. I didn't have a VBAC (FTM, vaginal birth), but my OB is IHA Plymouth, so I am familiar with all the docs there. I was going for a natural birth as well. Unfortunately pre-eclampsia had other plans (see birth story link in siggy), but before that became an issue, all the docs were on board with my plan.

Would they allow you to have one of your monthly appts at the Plymouth office so you have a chance to become familiar with them?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @BoothBaby  After talking to my dr. more about it, it is actually all of the IHA practices merging to do this trial.  There are 26 doctors in total, with 2-3 on each shift! I believe she said one of their doctors should always be there.  But is that not crazy?? Ugh. However, she really reassured me with all the concerns I had, so I decided to stay.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"