Natural Birth

Should I be concerned?

I am 31 weeks, and it's Sunday so my midwife's office is closed. I don't want to call the on-call if it's nothing. 

Right below my boobs on my right side I keep feeling as if someone has needles and keeps stabbing me with small and big needles. I tried sleeping on the other side, but that just made it spread to the other side as well. I can feel where the baby is and she's nowhere near that area. I can feel her right below that though. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Sometimes it IS very very very sharp, but again it feels like needles stabbing me. 
BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Should I be concerned?

• barista411barista411 member
    edited February 2014
    Does your MW have an on call MW or a nurses line? It could be just ligament pain or it could be gas or the baby pinching a nerve. It is really hard to say. If you are concerned it is best to call your MW.
  • I agree with PP call your MW. It is probably nothing but it is better to have it check out than to wait. I had weird stabbing/needle like pains in my groin for about a week during the second tri. Later in the third tri I had sciatica for several weeks.  According to my OB almost every ache and pain is normal during pregnancy. Both cleared up but were really annoying at the time. I hope you feel better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"