March 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else feeling like r/ship with DH is seeming strained lately???.....

Hey ladies
Not sure if its hormone related just now, but I feel like all me & DH do lately is snipe at each other :o(
I'm 35 weeks & we have a 6 yr old at home, plus hubby works on cargo planes & is away a lot.
I'm just feeling real down :o(

Every time we try & talk we end up in a 'heated' discussion.

I just feel so sad :o(

Re: Anyone else feeling like r/ship with DH is seeming strained lately???.....

• Options
    I'm hoping that's the reason! I'm just sooo done with crying & feeling bleurghhhh!! :o(
    Thanks!
    How is that gorgeous little man of yours doing? He is adorable :o)
  • Options
    Have you told him how you feel or asked him what he is stressed about? Maybe getting all the fears/insecurities out in the open would help. I am sorry you are feeling this way. I am sure this on top of everything else is really hard :(

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This was happening a little bit at our house, but I know it's first time parents anxiety for both of us. I did mention the snippiness to DH, and he said he's not mad at me at all and it's probably just first time dad jitters. It's actually been better since I mentioned it. He probably is more aware now. Just talk to him :) GL!
    March Siggy Challenge .. What I miss the most during pregnancy

image  image
       Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My hubby and I have been arguing like crazy. I think it's the combination of the stress of having a baby and hormones and I swear men are idiots. Well at least my husband is. Lol. They can't even wrap their minds around what we are going through and what we will be going through. Hang in there- it will get better. You're not alone in it.
  • Options
    Mine just came home from being OOT for a week. We immediately started bickering. He said he was coming straight inside on the phone, but got distracted in garage and the dog started going BSC and made DS cry. His homecoming was slightly ruined... And turned me into a basket case listening to all the crying and barking for 20 minutes. My blood pressure felt like it went through the roof.

Then while I'm irritated he brings up stuff we always get pissy with each other with. Sooooo glad you're home. :/
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Options
    I'm rolling my eyes behind his back to make me feel better. I actually helps surprisingly. Ha!
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Options
  • Options
    Yup. My DH and I are constantly at each other's throats lately. I think the anticipation of what's to come is really getting to us and I'm hoping that once she's here, it'll ease up a little bit. Wishful thinking....
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Seems our household isn't the only tense one!!
    So glad to be able to come here & vent! :o)
  • Options
    Honestly I totally deserve to have DH be downright nasty to me with how miserable I've been. I'm incredibly fortunate that he is kind of holding it all in right now instead of just exploding on me because he knows I'm just not myself. I think it's totally normal at this point in pregnancy to just have a short fuse. I'm sure he is stressed out too and is anxious about the new baby and the changes that are coming up. I try to just thank DH when I'm having a moment of non-bitch*ness  for being understanding and tell him I'm sorry for how I have been acting. Just the little bit of acknowledgment seems to really help!
  • Options
    Talk about it!!!! Around thanksgiving I had been putting up with dh being super cranky... And we were fighting all the time (always about his mom) I finally said this is not working....it has been pretty good since. It took some time to adjust and get him To talk about why he was stressed with me but it helped I was miserable. Talk about it oh and don't bring others into it... There's a girl on fb who is 38 weeks her husband won't pay attention to her so she posts on fb all their problems and it def doesn't help at all!! (I think sharing with us here doesn't count becasue he doesn't see it.... But she even tags him and so all f their friends and family see their problems)
    yes to all of this! I think it makes things so much worse when someone tries to get others 'on their side' for a disagreement with their significant other. No one should need an army to back them up to their spouse. all it does is instantly put someone on the defensive...and really, is it anyone's business what you are fighting about?! Obviously  not talking about venting on here..I was referring to FB and also when people do this face to face. If I vent about DH on here, I totally pretend that I came up with all of the valid points people bring up in response!
  • Options
    No personal experience with this but have you tried sitting down and having an open discussion about your feelings with him? I read somewhere that dad's get a lot of stress and anxiety around the arrival of a newborn. They worry about finances and their relationship with the mother, etc.
    BabyFruit Ticker

My Third Tri Feelings
  • Options
    I think it's totally normal.  My husband tries his very hardest to be understanding and sympathetic and helpful.  But he gets annoyed with me sometimes and I really can't blame him.  But also, he has NO IDEA what I feel like, physically or emotionally, and it's frustrating.  
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    It helped me the other night to lay down in bed with him, put phones and distractions away, and (cheesy I know) talk about when we first met, our wedding, etc.
    It was so nice and refreshing to get back in touch with those feelings and how giddy we were about seeing each other when we were dating, etc. It really did help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're both definitely more snippy than usual! Luckily we're both pretty forgiving & we can't stay fighting for long. We usually end up turning a "fight" into a play yelling match and make fun of how ridiculous we're being. Hopefully you start feeling better!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"