January 2014 Moms

First "I can't do this moment"

Most of you know that my hubs is stationed out of state and it's been just DS and I since August and now dd as well. So I had my real first I can't do this moment the Friday night. DS was playing, with toys in living room (he will be 3 this Monday) and I was in the kitchen getting a glass of water. All of the sudden I hear a think and him screaming bloody murder, I run in the living room and he is holding his bloody mouth and screaming. Rush into the kitchen to clean him up and 4 week old DD starts screaming. He hadn't just bit his lip or cheek he had knocked two teeth loose and his gums around the teeth were bleeding. I'm was trying to calm them both, stop the bleeding, trying not to barf bc there was a lot of blood and the whole thing made me a little sick, call dr and sis who is a nurse, keep cold on his mouth, give him Tylenol, and No matter what I did neither bb would stop crying. After about 30 mins of this I call my mom and start crying and ask her if she can come over to console one or the other. Don't get me wrong I can deal with the everyday crying but to have my son in pain and not be able to solely comfort and focus on him was tearing me up. Mom got there in like 5 mins and everything got better from there but that night SUCKED. I felt like such a crappy mom for not being able to console my children. DS was doing much better Saturday morning he has sore teeth, a huge fat top lip, and bruised gums but the Tylenol seems to be managing his pain. Sorry there is no question to this post, it was just a rough time and I wanted to vent about it. Thanks for listening.

Re: First "I can't do this moment"

• Awwww. Sounds awful. No shame in needing help. A baby alone is hard enough. Glad your son is ok.

• I'm sorry. That sounds awful. I have so much respect for you military moms - I don't know how you do it. You are not at all a bad mom and you took care of the situation! I'm glad everyone is okay now.

• Loading the player...
  • Awwww that sounds tough!!! Hope your babies and you have a better day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow you are really a super hero mum ! I could not imagine doing this by my self . How long are you gonna on your own ??
  • I am so sorry. That does sound like a very bad day.

((Hugs))
  • Oh no! I hope he's feeling better! Lots of hugs to everyone!
  • I can't imagine taking care of two alone each day and night. Dh was super sick for a week and I had my (at that time) 2-3 week old alone and couldn't imagine doing it alone all the time. Then to add a 3 year old. I'm impressed that in the crazy moment, you were able to think of calling your mom and she was able to come help, sounds like a very smart mommy moment to me! Hope ds feels better soon, poor guy! And hope you get some time to yourself!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Hugs and totally agree with PPs that there's no shame in needing help. I've watched my best friend go through deployments several times and parenting on her own and it does suck at times.  Having your mom nearby helps a lot I'm sure. Hope DS is better soon. You're doing the best you can!
    imageimageimage
  • My dh is gone for a month at a time and home for a month at a time. Not quite the same but when my first two were litte.. I HAD to have help at times. Your doing the best you can! ((((Hugs)))
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm very sorry you're going at it alone. When it rains, it pours a lot of times. You did a good job managing.....my friend says "smile and fake it til ya make it".

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I'm so sorry, that sounds horrible and I think anyone would have felt the same way. I'm glad your mom was able to come over. I hope your son feels better!
    imageimage

• I'm so sorry! I have so much respect for you, though. Everyone has rough times but you are doing the best you can. You are fortunate to have your mom close by - lean on her!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What a terrible day. So sorry. You did the right thing(s) and it sounds like you are doing better at holding it together on the outside than you think.
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • What an awful day :( ((creepy internet hugs)) everyone has them and there's no shame in asking for help! So glad your mom lives near enough to give you the support you needed.

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Aww sorry :( :::hugs:::
  • Thank you so much for the support ladies, DS is doing even better this evening. He is such a great little boy and I am so blessed to have him. He just randomly touched dd's tiny baby foot and in his sweet voice said " aw look at her cute little toes ". I can tell he is feeling better than yesterday. @esthi DH was supposed to be home feb. 28 but we found out 2 weeks ago it is now march 28,which sucks but we knew it was a possibility. You learn to roll with the punches in the military. I know week will continue to improve Tomorrow is DS's third bday and I intend to spoil him rotten:) thank you again for your kind words !!
  • Oh, honey. That sounds awful.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Oh hun :( I'm so sorry! I would have done the exact same thing. I'm glad your little boy is alright!

imageimage

• Glad to hear he's doing better. Hugs to you momma!
  • I'm sorry you had a rough night, but you're a strong mama for doing this alone with two babes. Glad DS is feeling better. Happy early birthday to him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"