LGBT Parenting
Options

What to ask the RE Tuesday

Hey ladies...thought you could help me out. We've been ttc since jan. 2013. As you can see from sig. It's been a journey! So, we have appointment to talk and make a new plan with RE Tuesday afternoon. Was hoping you all might be able to tell me a few questions we should be asking at this point....especially with testing. What specifics should we ask for?

Only testing we had was lap. Surgery during the D & C last march after out Beta hell. During surgery he found a septum and corrected it. He did not go back to make sure it healed properly. He thought as slight as DW's was that we didn't need to. He said her ut. Was more heart shaped. He cut it back until it started to bleed, but he said it never really popped out and rounded out like it should have.

The reason for having all of this was beta hell with bad doubling times. After D & C beta went through the roof and they were convinced it was ectopic. We then had to go through the MTX shot and it was hell from there.

Sooo...with all that in mind, the bad sperm samples, the frequent BFN's, what suggestions do you all have for what to discuss with RE?

We had 1 cycle with follistim and HCG support before insurance hell took over and forced us into a break. We now have 3 tries to make it count where insurance will pay for testing, procedure and monitoring. As long as it is IUI and not IVF.

Thanks ladies!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.

Re: What to ask the RE Tuesday

• Options
    You could ask for a HSG. That would potentially show if the septum has been fixed. Not necessarily though as my septum wasn't apparent in my HSG. It also would help show if tubes are blocked or not.

Depending on the shape of the ute, you could be looking at increased miscarriage rate. This is because the ute can't expand properly. I would say it would be important to know what her ute looks like now. It has more to do with staying pregnant than getting pregnant, but still important.

I'm not sure about the proper language for blood work pieces that can be checked.

I would tell the RE about your journey so far and be honest about your hopes and where you are with insurance coverage.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    I don't have much to add, other than cd3 blood work should be done. I'm certain there are others with more experience than me that will guide you in the right direction. 

I do want to wish you luck!!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Definitely ask for an HSG if you haven't had one.  If you have had one but have not had one (or a saline ultrasound) since the miscarriage, I would request a saline ultrasound just to check on the uterus again.  CD3 bloodwork if it hasn't been done.  Having had one loss and another possible loss, you could also consider asking about a Repeat Pregnancy Loss panel.  The standard is to run it after 3 losses, but a lot of REs will do it after 2, and I've heard of people talking them into it after 1.  There's more info on RPL testing here: https://obgyn.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=200

Good luck!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"