New York Babies

Any 1st time moms-to-be in Rockland?

nlittle80nlittle80 member
edited July 2021 in New York Babies

I have lived in Rockland since Oct. 2011 with my then bf, now husband, but really haven't made any friends here. I am back and forth between Rockland and Queens (where I lived for 19 yrs) a lot, so I haven't really had the opportunity to explore. I am now actually doing a certificate training program in Queens, so I will be there the majority of the time until January, but I think I may deliver my baby (assuming everything is OK) in Rockland. I would like to not feel so isolated when I am home. Is there anyone in a similar situation, or who will also be a first time mommy? I'm 5 weeks today, so due around May 5, 2014.

Nicole

Re: Any 1st time moms-to-be in Rockland?

• Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm not a first time mom (I have a 3 year old and a 19 month old), but I'd be happy to meet up sometime if you like! You might want to check meetup and FB for local mom groups; I met a ton of great women on there when I was pregnant with my son. Also, a group childbirth preparation class is a great way to meet people with similar due dates!
  • I'm a FTM, been living here since 2012 and I was in Brooklyn for 8 years before that. I'm due in April. I have a lot going on right now but just wanted u to know you're not alone. Maybe as schedules slow down and get ready for babies we can meet up
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!

@terbear22 Sounds like a plan :)

• hi nicole,
    i live in nyack and am also due around may 7!  keep in touch as i would love to share our experiences with this journey - i'm interested in finding prenatal yoga and/or other meet up groups.
    feel free to private message me!
    hope you are feeling well and congrats!
    becky
  • I've lived in rockland my whole life. I'm a FTM, just had my LO in August. I would also be in meeting up! Where in Rockland are you? I'm in Suffern.
  • Hi Nicole,
    Congrats!! I am also pregnant due April 11 with my first!  My husband and I moved to Nanuet in Dec 2012 and we don't have many friends either.  I'm interested in meeting up as well.
    -Donna

• Hi Becky,
    I just signed up for a prenatal yoga class through Rockland Boces.  Was $56 for 8 classes and starts Oct 1.
    -Donna
  • @rputter @JessNeptune @donda1313

Awesome! Thanks for writing everyone! I live in Monsey, near Spring Valley H.S. I'm in Queens right now though due to school and work. I'm kinda relieved work will be over sorta soon (baseball season). I will contact you ladies once I sort out my schedule. Just need to figure out what days I will be back in Rockland :)

• Hello again ladies! Super busy with classes. I have my NHA exam (National Certification for Phlebotomy) on Nov. 6th argh! I'm nervous.. Don't feel ready for this test AT ALL.. If anyone sees this please pray for me!
  • I will be back in Rockland on Feb. 10th if anyone wants to hang out! @rputter @JessNeptune @donda1313 @terbear22
  • I'm off of the week of Presidents' Day in February so that week would work best for me
  • Update: I am FINALLY finished with my classes as of yesterday! I did excellent on my National Exam for EKG Tech Certification. A 481 out of 500 points on 1/29/14 yay! I'm really hoping I get elected Valedictorian. Honestly, I would have never come close to it in my college or even high school days.

• Hi ladies!! I live in a Clarkstown and I'm due in May. I am definitely interested in meeting some local mommies to be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"