Minnesota Babies
Options

HealthEast OBs for natural birth

I want to deliver at St Joseph's, preferably a water birth with the midwives, BUT...I took a medication before I knew I was pregnant that was NOT good.  So I need to meet with an OB at least once, and may need to deliver with one--that is still TBD.

Does anyone have recommendations for natural-birth-friendly OBs in HealthEast that deliver at St Joseph's? The Grand Ave clinic is close to me, and I see they have a Dr. Ulland, but don't know anything about him, or anyone else in HealthEast.  Would love to get recommendations!

Thanks.

Re: HealthEast OBs for natural birth

• Options
    I can't recommend anyone in the HealthEast system. I'm delivering with the Generations Women's Health Center Midwives and they have MD's on staff. They deliver at St Joe's and St John's. They've been great to me since I started with them! 
  • Options
    I just wanted to post an update...I spoke with Dr. Ulland at the HealthEast Grand Ave. clinic, and he was awesome. Very supportive of unmedicated births, and works closely with the midwife team there. He patiently answered all my questions, explained his medical opinions based on the research he'd read, and spent more time with my husband and I than the last 3 OBs I saw in HealthPartners combined. Highly recommend if anyone is looking for a natural birth friendly OB. He also took time to explain his views and the views of the midwives so I could make an informed decision on who I want to deliver with if I am low risk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yoyo12345 said:
    I just wanted to post an update...I spoke with Dr. Ulland at the HealthEast Grand Ave. clinic, and he was awesome. Very supportive of unmedicated births, and works closely with the midwife team there. He patiently answered all my questions, explained his medical opinions based on the research he'd read, and spent more time with my husband and I than the last 3 OBs I saw in HealthPartners combined. Highly recommend if anyone is looking for a natural birth friendly OB. He also took time to explain his views and the views of the midwives so I could make an informed decision on who I want to deliver with if I am low risk.
    I see the Healtheast midwives on grand and love them all! the nurses are great and everyone seems really interested in helping! So glad you liked the OB. I am also delivering at st. joes and toured and loved it! i also have heard amazing things about the nurses. i am also doing natural birth so its really nice to see they are so supportive and helpful and encouraging of natural birth.

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Awesome! My plan is to use the midwives too, and after talking with the OB, it sounds like that won't be an issue. But it's nice that if I do need an OB, they have at least one there that I really like!
  • Options
    I'm glad you had a good experience with Dr. Ulland, my experience with him was less than awesome.

I would just add that when my husband and I were TTC I talked to my family practice doctor (Dr. Reis, formerly Dr. Hansen) about some of my concerns she told me that all the physicians in HealthEast are really dedicated to providing you with the experience you want.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with him.  Hopefully you were able to find someone you liked better!
  • Options
    I just had to see him very briefly for an ultrasound pretty late in my pregnancy. My midwife was concerned my little one was breech (thank goodness she wasn't!). He just acted like it was a huge inconvenience, his hands were freezing, and he wasn't particularly comforting which would have been nice because we were there for a somewhat scary situation.

The midwives have been great, I will definitely be seeing them again the next time we have a baby :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"