March 2014 Moms
Options

DTD after c section?

This question is on the c section board, but I wanted to see how my M14 ladies would weigh in.

DH keeps saying "No one waits the whole 6 weeks!" (Insert whiny voice). But no one we know well enough to talk about that has had a c section.

How long did you wait after your c section to dtd?

Re: DTD after c section?

• Options
    Way more than 6 weeks haha
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At a 8 weeks pp and still haven't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tell DH to suck it up... Your health and comfort are more important than his libido ;)

IAmPregnant Ticker image VOTE on my Name List
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
    March Siggy Theme
  • Options
    geesh... vaginal birth or c/s... I would punch him in the balls if he was pressuring me and wasn't respecting my PHYSICAL need to let my body heal until I was comfortable DTD!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I guess I should add: more than anything he likes to torture me. He knows that historically I really like sex, so he thinks it's fun to tempt me. But I just went off on him that I'm not abstaining because I want to, it's because I have to.
  • Options
    I've seen people come to our ER for complications and heavy bleeding after having sex before the 6-8 week mark
  • Options
    I waited exactly 6wks and it hurt like hell. I wasn't prepared for that since I didn't have a vag birth. If you BF it can dry you out. Took a few months before it was pleasant again.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I waited exactly 6wks and it hurt like hell. I wasn't prepared for that since I didn't have a vag birth. If you BF it can dry you out. Took a few months before it was pleasant again.
    Yes! I forgot to say that. It really did hurt, a lot.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I can't remember exactly, but it was definitely before my 6 weeks appt., lol. We abstained my entire pregnancy though and I was so ready! (and it was great!) ;)
    photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
  • Options

Laura8388 said:

Yes! I forgot to say that. It really did hurt, a lot.
    Curious; hurt your vagina? Or the incision?

My vagina. Get lube.

Yes--lots and lots of lube!!!
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    The site where the placenta detached from your uterus is an open wound. Sex can introduce germs that can lead to infection. Hence the 6 weeks rule. Tell him to suck it up!
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • Options
    With my past 2 vaginal deliveries 3 months. this one will probably be the same. I just tell H that is what he gets for me having to do all of the restrictions for the whole 9 months of pregnancy. He understands though, or if he didn't he didn't say anything lol
  • Options
    We didn't wait, but once we tried we ended up waiting a little after the six weeks. It hurt SO bad. I thought I was 100% ready, and was not!!
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • Options
    We didn't have sex for 8 months after getting pregnant - and when we did, I initiated.  He can suck it up and deal.  And you shouldn't have to give him a BJ to shut him up. 

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We waited the whole 6 weeks, but I was bleeding that whole time, too, so it was easier.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @saisongbird I guess I didn't "have" to. I'm a giver. What can I say? lol
  • Options
    @karib509 I really laughed out loud =))
  • Options
    We waited prob 8 weeks and it didn't work the first couple tries because it hurt so bad. This was with a shit ton of lube too. It was quite a while before I would even say it was comfortable let alone enjoyable. You are a way better person than I am offering up a BJ. I agree with @karib509, I'd have told him he is welcome to suck it himself! I have zero sympathy for men's 'needs' after what a woman has just gone through with pregnancy and childbirth!
  • Options
    Til I had the clear at 6 weeks. Your insides still have to heal.
  • Options
    We probably waited 4 or 5 weeks? But lube lube lube it up girl!

DD born 9/15/12

DS due 3/6/14

• Options

We waited the whole 6 weeks, but I was bleeding that whole time, too, so it was easier.

Yep. Didn't stop bleeding until 6 weeks. Also it hurt like hell. Lube!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    TradeMama said:

We waited the 6 weeks. Then we were pregnant again. Surprise!

My doctor told me that's when women are most fertile.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

TradeMama said:

We waited the 6 weeks. Then we were pregnant again. Surprise!

My doctor told me that's when women are most fertile.
    So you're saying in addition to lots of lube, add in lots of barrier contraceptives?!
  • Options
    I've seen people come to our ER for complications and heavy bleeding after having sex before the 6-8 week mark
    This. And vaginal deliveries that had torn who retear sometimes worse... ahh! yuck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

My Third Tri Feelings
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"