July 2013 Moms
Options

C-section scar

Is your scar and the surrounding area still numb?
I asked at my 6wk pp appointment how long that would last. My dr said it could be numb up to 6 months after. Its been over 7 months and I still don't have feeling from my scar to about 2 inches above it.
Normal or no?

Re: C-section scar

• Options
    Very normal. I have a numb spot still from DD (08). I have even more numbness now. I am hoping it gets a little better with time. I can't feel it... So sometimes it's hanging out (at home) and I have no clue, until my DD jiggles it ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That's crazy to me. I hope you're better soon. I feel like I wasn't even numb after a couple of days. I just went to my yearly obgyn checkup & my doc said my scar was healing wonderfully. Have you been to the doc or at least called them? I'm a FTM & so this is my 1 and only c-section, so sorry if I dont have any better advice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally normal. My mom was numb for a few years after me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    Normal. I cant feel a huge section around the scar. My husband has a large scar similar to my csection one from over a year ago and he says he cant feel either still.
  • Options

That's crazy to me. I hope you're better soon. I feel like I wasn't even numb after a couple of days. I just went to my yearly obgyn checkup & my doc said my scar was healing wonderfully. Have you been to the doc or at least called them? I'm a FTM & so this is my 1 and only c-section, so sorry if I dont have any better advice.

Maybe it depends where they put the incision and they cut through more of my nerves?
  • Options
    Ok thanks ladies! Sounds like it pretty normal then. Wonder why my dr said 6 months?
  • Options
    Still numb here. I remember it taking awhile after my first extraction to get sensation back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm still numb too. My OB said I may never regain full feeling.
  • Options
    I can feel mine, but I have heard it's very normal to take awhile for the feeling to return. what's bothering me is that I seem to have a big area of scar tissue just above my scar on my left side. I never had issues with scar tissue after my boys, in fact my Dr use to comment on how little I got. can anyone else feel their scar tissue?

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    Still numb. Less than early on, but definitely don't have full feeling back.
  • Options
    Still numb and DD is 9 months. My mom had surgery on her neck 5 years ago & it's still numb. I think it's normal. Mine is still pretty dark, too. I wonder if that's normal?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Just my scar is numb still but no other part.  I'd say it's probably normal tho- I bet it can take a while.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Numb here.
  • Options
    Still numb in the area around it. My OB & nurses told me not to expect it to ever be the same. They cut through the tissue, muscle, and nerves, so I should expect it to always be "different."
  • Options
    I was numb forever and then it finally came back and then got numb when I got pregnant again.
  • Options
    Mine is itchy. :-\
  • Options
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
  • Options
    andrea0418andrea0418 member
    edited February 2014
    2012ames said:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

I ain't scared :P

Edit: it's upside down
  • Options
    Isaac is sleeping on my lap right now but I will be back with pip!
  • Options
    And Ew gross are we really posting pics of our stomach vaginas?!

I keed. ;;)
  • Options
    Numb here too. I also get an itch on the right side, only the right side. I've chalked it up to my fat hangover bothering it. :(
  • Options
    I think it's still normal. Mine is numb in some parts. I'm 33 years old and my mom still says her scar is somewhat numb from her c-section with me.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Sooooo. Imma have to shave. ..
  • Options
    2012ames said:

Sooooo. Imma have to shave. ..

Haha I was wondering where our pic was!

• Options
    Mine is definitely redder & bumpier than yours, @andrea0418. My SIL had a csection in December and she's putting all this special crap on it to diminish the scar. Shit, I don't have time for that! I barely shower. My other SIL showed me her scar about a year after my other nephew was born and you could barely see it. She put nothing on it. I think maybe some people's skins heals faster than others? I figure they'll probably make me have another csection next time so why waste my money on creams?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    @KTZ17
    I agree that everyone's skin heals differently. Just like stretch marks. Either you're going to get them or not. No amount of creams is going to stop it from happening!
  • Options
    LauraC122 said:

2012ames said:

Mine is itchy. :-\

Mine itches sometimes too but I think it's phantom itch lol. I go to scratch it and can't tell I'm scratching anything. Maybe that means there is some sensation?
    This drove me nuts after I had Thomas. No matter how hard I scratched, that flucking itch was still there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Same here. A bit numb right over the incision, but nothing major. The line is still visible but I like it. It's so tiny...when I look at LO now I can't believe they just had to make such a small cut. Now to lose the jiggle over the incision and I'll be happy.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    Mine doesn't feel numb, but it itches.
    m/c #1 6/30/05 m/c #2 9/18/06 m/c #3 9/18/08 BFP 10/21/12....EDD 7/6/13....Praying this is my sticky baby. Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Totally normal. It could take years or forever to regain feeling. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"