Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

how to deal with a miscarriage at work?

Hi, does anyone have recommendations on how to manage colleagues and questions about why I was out after I had a miscarriage? Nobody at work knew I was pregnant, I am a terrible liar and I don't want to start crying and giving explanations.

Thanks! 

Answers

• It's a difficult one, and I can understand the fact you do not want to have to give an explanation for not being at work....I too have recently gone back to work after having my miscarriage...I would just say that you have been very poorly and run down, and slowly you are getting yourself back to normal...Only explain to the ones you feel close to, is my feeling on this...

My thoughts are with you, take care x

• I just told my boss because she could see I was not acting my normal self and she could see there was something wrong and she had nor I had a clue I was pregant (I'm normally loud and bubbly) She was really supportive and caring, she gave me jobs that which I didn't have to deal with the public (I work in retail) and was very understanding when I needed time of for doctors appoiments or I just felt like having a crying day. I haven't told the other girls because I can't handle the I'm sorry for you speech and I just don't really want to talk about it to many people.

For you though you just need to do what feels right for you. If you don't want to tell anyone you don't have to or if you do go for it. Just do what makes you feel will be better for you at this time.
  • Loading the player...
  • ***older child mentioned***

For me I went to work the day I found out for two reasons 1. I couldn't afford to not work and 2. Because I wanted to be with my close friends/coworkers instead of being at home by myself. I also had called my boss on my way from the doctors office and told her the news. I gave her permission to tell my coworkers, it was better going to work and not having people asking me questions.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • JCM285JCM285 member
    edited February 2014
    I would just say whatever you are comfortable with. I only was out one day and told people My doctor rescheduled my appointment from another day to tomorrow and it was the only day I could go. I think the calmer you look, the less people will worry about you, so just tell them when you feel a little bit more emotionally ready to. Good luck and ::hugs::. @annarussell05, I also teach eighth graders! What subject do you teach? I teach English. Those kids are too smart for their own good sometimes, but I am also a pretty good liar lol. The death in the family story is a good one to use with them, though, because the kids will be sensitive to your feelings. Smart idea and good luck going back to school. They are a great age to teach, because they are sure to keep you distracted!!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• @annarussell05, that is awesome!  I am sure that the kids have missed you!  I was actually so mad I had to take off work on Friday to see the doctor.  I know what you mean by needing some time to yourself though.  I barely did anything this weekend.  Have fun with your kids this week!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"