Pregnant after 35
Options

Time Conceiving

Hi, if you conceived naturally (no clomind, ivf, etc) how man months until tyou got your BFP?  Thanks so much!

Re: Time Conceiving

• Options
    First BFP was on the second cycle of trying, but that ended in a missed miscarriage. 

Second BFP was 11 months after our loss and ttc that whole time. 

I did work with an RE (starting at 9 months of ttc), who put me on supplements, a low-gluten diet, acupuncture and baby aspirin - but I never took Clomid or did an IUI.

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options

Thanks, would you mind also telling me your age?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 38. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    DTNZ4EverDTNZ4Ever member
    edited February 2014
    I was 34 when started TTC turned 35 while TTC. It took us 12 cycles before my BFP. I did got to a RE after 6 month. The only thing that was wrong with me was that I had low vitamin D and later I found out I had a baterial vagnosis. DH it was determined that he only had .5% morphology but the rest of him numbers were great. DH was put on a number of vitamin supplements. Once my infection cleared up and DH was on his supplements a few months we got our BFP. I was one cycle away from IUI. Edit: I was also charting for the entire 12 cycles and the last 6 cycles we used OPKs. It only took us 3 cycles with DS1 I was 30 at that time. Also with our second DH had surgery and was on blood thinners for awhile due to a blood clot so that may have prolonged our process. He was 27 the first time and 32 the second time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure what happened to my post, so if this ends up being a duplicate, I apologize!

I was 35 when starting to try, my OB suggested that because of my age to only try for 3 months before coming to see her to rule out any problems.  After 3 months with no luck I went in & she suggested bloodwork to check my progesterone levels at 10 days after my period.  They were slightly low so she prescribed a low dose of Dostinex which I started immediately.  10 days after my next period I had another blood draw & the progesterone levels were already in the normal range.  I ended up conceiving during that cycle!  So, 5 months total with a little assistance. 

I'm 36 now.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    First try both times, at age 37 and 39 (gave birth at 38 the first time, 40 this time around). No drugs, no intervention. Just super-fertile apparently.
  • Options
    I'm 38 and.it look.us 6 months of trying after getting off BC.
  • Options
    First time it took us 3 cycles at 34. Second time took 8 cycles at 36. No assistance but I was one cycle from Clomid this last time. Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    37, surprisingly only one cycle. I was really expecting it I take longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Took us 6 cycles after stopping BC at age 40. Didn't use any drugs or assistance other than the calendar.
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Took us the first try to concieve DS when I was 32 and this baby took a little more work but I conceived the first month of temping and the first time we timed intercourse close to ovulation. I am 34. We feel pretty blessed because I thought it would take a little longer due to my age.

• Options
    I'm 38 and it took about 1-2 cycles that ended in a miss then got pregnant again 5 months later after about 3 cycles (didn't try right after the miss for a cycle or 2)
  • Options
    I had my IUD removed when I was just over 34 and we got our BFP almost exactly 2yrs later. We didn't do anything special while TTC, just had an app to track my cycles (no meds, no tests, just thought it would happen when it would happen if it happened). It is likely worth noting though that in addition to my "advanced maternal age" I am also plus size and was on my second mirena IUD.
  • Options
    We decided to see what happened when we got married.  No birth control and no charting.  After about 8 months of nothing happening, we started using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor.  Everyone said give it 3 months for the monitor to really learn my cycle.  I got pregnant on cycle 3.  That pregnancy was a blighted ovum.  I had a d&c then started using the monitor on my next cycle and got pregnant at that time.  I was 37 when we started using the monitor and really trying.  I am now32wks.  I highly recommend the CBE FM!  It is a bit to invest in, but I really think we owe getting pregnant so quickly to the monitor :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• Options

SleepingBeauty79 - as you can see you are on the young side of AMA... please dont' let that scare you!  No RE or fertility workup, etc.. for me.  I am 41 and it did take 13 months to conceive this lo.  We conceived at 11months but miscarried, skipped one cycle and then this lo!  I was on Mirena prior to ttc and that tends to delay conception even with younger ladies.

Best wishes for you! 

• Options
    SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited February 2014
    First time...every time.

Oh wait.
    Only #1 was planned

The other two were surprises (not trying - failed contraception)

ETA: forgot age at each pregnancy
    #1 - age 28
    #2 - age 38 at conception, 39 at delivery
    #3 - age 40
  • Options
    For my first baby it took 4 years (from age 30-34), however we were just loosely trying.  My second baby we joke took 2 minutes...and this baby was a complete surprise.  I am 38 now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was 35 and DH was 36 before we started TTC.  I was on birth control for 14 years and was worried that it might take a while to get a BFP since my periods were irregular before BC.  I used the WomanLog app to track my cycles for four months with no luck.  I finally got the Clear Blue and First Response OPKs for the fifth cycle (one in the morning, the other at night).  I know.. a little excessive, but I wanted to make sure I catch when I ovulate.  I got a BFP within the cycle.

Good luck!

DH: 39 Me: 38
    DD 6.14.14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was 36 (now 37 y/o) and stopped BC in May 2013. I got married in July 2013 and started trying right away. We got at positive result in November without any intervention (Clomid or IVF). I would say it took us approximately 4 months. I was actually very pleasantly surprised that it happened so fast, though very anxious prior to conceiving. I'm currently 19 weeks and 3 days, due July 2013. I used Ovuline.com to track my cycle, fertile days, symptoms, etc. and now use their Ovia App to track my pregnancy. I wish you the best!
  • Options
    I was 36 and dating a guy for two weeks. It was one week after my period started and two days after it ended. It was the first time I'd ever used NO birth control. We broke up the next day and I was pregnant. This is my first and I'm 37w6d now.
  • Options
    4 months at 30 yo, just after going off BC.  First cycle, surprisingly, this time at 35.  Haven't been on BC for a good while.
    Mom to Abigail & Liliana -- Identical Twin Girls -- April 2008
    Baby #3 due September 12, 2014!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"