January 2013 Moms

Update: DH coming around

ambmamaambmama member
edited February 2014 in January 2013 Moms

Well, I wrote all of the below earlier in the day yesterday, but boy was I wrong. Last night DH and I had a huge fight because he said he doesn't want another baby and he doesn't think it's best for our family. I'm so sad and really don't know what he thinks we should do. He blames me and acts like it's some how my fault that I'm pregnant. I really have no idea how to handle this situation and it definitely is making me feel a lot of hate towards my H right now. I know there isn't much to say, but thanks for listening! I haven't told my family yet so I really have no one to talk to!

I think I told you all that when I told my DH that I got a BFP, he was less than excited. He was overwhelmed and really didn't seem happy. Well, he seems to be coming around. He's brought the new baby up a few times now and was talking about 'a place for the kids to play' when looking at houses. I know it's small, but makes me feel better that he's picturing our life with 2 Lo's!

Also, I may post about this new pregnancy from time to time if you don't mind. I'm not a huge fan of my new bmb, mostly because it's at the point of overwhelming snarky-ness and crazy posts! If it bothers anyone I can keep it to myself, though!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update: DH coming around

• Glad your DH is coming around. He will love your LO no matter what, it normally takes guys a bit longer to fully comprehend a baby, even when they were excited about trying. It's a very good sign that he's talking about future plans! I'm with @katrine_05, although we're done with having kids, I love to hear about other people pregnancies! IMO you're more than welcome to post here :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• Yay for you!! It's so nice when the hubby is finally excited. And I know all about snarky boards. I just lerk on my other BMB. I'm scared to post!

• Loading the player...
  • @kittynap I appreciate hearing the other side and what you are saying. The thing that really bother me are 1) we haven't been using any kind of protection since DS was born and we always talked about having kids close together, so this shouldn't be a shock, and 2) he really couldn't tell me the big issue of why he doesn't think it's good. The 2 biggest reasons he came up with were we haven't had enough time to spend with just DS (which I understand), but mostly he says it wasn't like we were trying everyday and it was 'fresh sperm.' Seriously, not kidding, he said that. I think the real issue is that DS was an easy baby in perfect health, and he's afraid a 2nd baby might have issues or be colicky, etc. But that's a chance we will have to take no matter when we have #2. I am going to talk to him more - thanks so much for listening.

• Haha, seriously I know. And thanks.

• @talkativ15 I couldn't help but laugh when he first said it! I've been trying to find any info online and the only thing I've seen is you are less likely to get pregnant, and well, that's obviously not an issue!

• I'm so sorry your husband's having a difficult time. I hope that he comes around soon.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"