Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Holding bottle

Just wondering if your LO is holding their own bottle yet? My son is 8 months and he can hold his bottle but just ends up playing with it.

Re: Holding bottle

• Options
    Pretty much the same. DD (also 8 months) likes to hold her bottle and just kind of chew on the nipple. She gets mad if we try to get the milk flowing again.
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    DD is almost 7 months and has just recently started grabbing for her bottle and bringing it to her mouth.  She mostly just chews on the nipple though.
    <Lilypie First Birthday tickers> <Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jtmomma13jtmomma13 member
    edited February 2014
    My 6 month old will try and hold the bottle but we use Dr. Browns and I think that they just aren't super easy for him to hold. He can hold the bottle on his own if it's full but once about half has been drunk he can no longer get the milk to into the nipple. 

Edit- If I am holding him and the bottle and walking to sit down he grabs for it and tries to drink it
  • Options
    Zero interest here at going on 9 months.  My first son had what I affectionately called T-Rex arms as well.  He'd reach for it but acted as though his puny arms couldn't possibly lift it.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    My boy is 6 months and he has just started trying to hold his own bottle. My DD never held her own bottle, when she began using cups she held them but never wanted to hold her bottle.
  • Options
    DS will be 8 months old next week.  He can hold it and will drink from it that way for a little bit, but then ends up playing for a bit and eventually drinking again.  He does it on his terms :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"