Dads & Dads-to-be

Workout Goals

This hasn't been talked about in a while and I know most of us do some sort of working out.

After taking the summer off I'm back in the gym on my lunch breaks. I think this year I'm going to keep the membership through the summer. I'm curious what will happen if I keep going 3-4 times per week.

Last year I got up to 105 on the bench press. I was just able to do 5 reps at 125. I'm kinda hoping I can get up to 150 in the next year if I keep going.

When the weather warms up I'll start running again.

What are you guys up to?

Re: Workout Goals

• I've been going to the gym before work a couple times a week.  Next week I am going to start going three times.  I've been doing light weights trying to build up strength in my shoulder.  I've had a lot of pain there in the past when lifting.  It's definitely been feeling better lately.  I finish every workout by jumping on the treadmill for 20 min or so.

• I am dropping our one gym, they don't offer anything for children.  Then next year I will most likely join the YMCA.  I am planning on getting a large and small soccer ball for this year to play with my son.  Once we get rid of the snow and really cold weather my goal is to chase after an almost three year old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I've been running a lot over the past few years. It always slows down dramatically during the winter but I'm hoping to pick it up. I've done a few half marathons over the past 2 years and I'm planning on doing the NYC marathon this year as I've finally gained entry ( taken 4 years ).
    I'm quite hesitant since the twins will only be 8 months and I doubt I will be able to train much... We will see how this year goes.
  • I am in the military so I get a lot of working out done but not usually the kind that is fun to do.

I am training for a marathon now, so I make sure to get in distance and pace runs as often as possible.

I wish I got around the weights more, but I'm usually exhausted by getting those other things in.
  •  personally  i Hate the whole gym climate.   Pay a whole bunch of money whether you use it or not kind of thng.
    I prefer to sign up for an event like a bike race, marathon, triathlon and do all the training on my own.  My next event will be a SPrint Triathlon in June....and man do I have a long way to go....
  • We usually sign up so my son has a place to swim, but I really like it because there's one right across the street from my work. It's nice to workout for 30 minutes rather then just putting around. Plus there's a class on Wednesday nights I'd like to keep going to now and then.
  • Ratpasta said:
     personally  i Hate the whole gym climate.   Pay a whole bunch of money whether you use it or not kind of thng.
    I prefer to sign up for an event like a bike race, marathon, triathlon and do all the training on my own.  My next event will be a SPrint Triathlon in June....and man do I have a long way to go....
    My gym is through work.  As long as I go 8 times a month it is free.  I'm sure they get some kind of kickback from the insurance companies for promoting a healthy lifestyle.

• Prime said:
    Ratpasta said:
     personally  i Hate the whole gym climate.   Pay a whole bunch of money whether you use it or not kind of thng.
    My gym is through work.  As long as I go 8 times a month it is free.  I'm sure they get some kind of kickback from the insurance companies for promoting a healthy lifestyle.
    That would be nice to have. Ours is discounted. 28 for me or 57 for the family. We do have a different incentive plan to make health insurance cheaper for those who complete it though.
  • Jack9 said:
    I am in the military so I get a lot of working out done but not usually the kind that is fun to do.

I am training for a marathon now, so I make sure to get in distance and pace runs as often as possible.

I wish I got around the weights more, but I'm usually exhausted by getting those other things in.
    what branch?  Some of us here are vets, I was Army
    I am Army field artillery.
  • So @DarthCuticle, you are in Lawton Okie land then?  I spent two years as an engineer at Goodyear there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wulfgar said:
    So @DarthCuticle, you are in Lawton Okie land then?  I spent two years as an engineer at Goodyear there.
    Yes, I've had to spend a lot of time in Lawton.  Also spent a lot of time in El Paso and a little bit of time in Mosul.
  • Ratpasta said:

I agree but its kinda hard to drag my ass outside to workout when its -30 & windchill pushing it down to -50 or more. Hiking 15 miles while loaded down with a shotgun and other hunting gear is a good workout though if u go on a nicer day.
  • On month 2 of Insanity right now.  Once that's done I plan on joining a local Crossfit box and start running a few times a week in order to ramp up for the obstacle course races I've signed up for this summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"