Minnesota Babies
Options

Daycare

I am a FTM just finishing up my first trimester.  I am starting to think about daycare options, but am not having the best luck looking online.  I live in Maplewood and am looking for a flexible daycare (in home or center) in Maplewood/ Woodbury/ Oakdale area.   My concern is that I will be overcharged for days that I do not need, I am a nurse and work three 12 hour shifts a week.  I will be needing daycare one day one week and three the other.  Any Ladies out there have any recommendations?  THANK YOU!

Re: Daycare

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    edited February 2014
    Most DCP will charge you for those days whether you need them or not (and you'll be locked in for which days). It's not just your scheduling, it's theirs as well, and survival as a business. You'll likely contract for three days/week no matter where you go if that's what you're going to need every other week. I've yet to find a home or center that is flexible about the type of arrangement you're wishing to find. Just a thought is that after baby comes, even if you aren't working the full 3 days some weeks, it's nice to have that time for you to get caught up on other work/sleep you need to do or potentially picking up shifts. I had a colicy little guy and if I'd have had two days to sleep in the early days, I'd have paid double!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ask your co-workers, I know that some KinderCare centers are able to acomidate a flexible schedule, especially those near hospitals. It tends to be easier if you have a more predictable days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"