Preemies

Our little guy arrived early!

Hey Ladies, 
This is my first post here.I just wanted to come over here and say hi. I just left the hospital, its so hard having to leave him each night in the NICU, Im trying to spend as much time as I can with him but its so tiring going back and forth to the hospital and not having a place to rest while there. I thought I would come over here and say hi to women who are dealing with some of the same emotions and things we are going through.  

A little info,  My little guy arrived unexpectedly Sunday morning at 33 weeks and and 5 days.  He was 18inches and 4lbs and 14oz.  He is a good size with a head full of hair.  I was very lucky that my labor and delivery was very quick. I was terrified at first when they told me that there was no time for an epidural but I made it through.  

He is having to spend some time in the NICU, they moved him out of his incubator today and we started to try bottle and breast feeding.  He is doing really well just seems to run out of energy near the end of each feeding so they finish up with the tube feedings.  I hoping his energy level increases so he can finish up his feeding and get that icky tube out of his nose.   They said he needs to do 24hours of feedings on his own before it will come out. 

I feel blessed that he is doing great in all other aspects, his breathing and heart rate is great. He has started to maintain his own temperature.  He has also gained a few oz since birth. :)

Were hoping that his stay in the hospital is short and that he can be home soon. 
Looking forward to getting to know all the women here.
HOpe you all have a nice night.

Re: Our little guy arrived early!

• Sounds like he's doing great! Hope you all can be home together soon. :)
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Congratulations on the birth of your son! I'm sorry he's in the NICU but it sounds like he's doing great! I hope he's on full feeds soon and you can take him home!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your baby!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Congrats on your little boy! I pray your nicu stay is short and uneventful. Stay strong and try to rest when you can. The women on here are so supportive.
  • Congratulations on your little boy! I'm glad to hear that he is doing relatively well in the NICU. Feeding was one of the hurdles that we faced, but know that it will get there with time. Good luck!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"