July 2012 Moms
Options

New Toy Question

edited February 2014 in July 2012 Moms
When we visited my parents in FL, LO took a liking to this flat plastic guitar (a Yule-K-Lele, to be precise) that my Dad got from his Secret Santa at work. It played songs when you banged on it, and he enjoyed that. The batteries died shortly after we returned to NY, but he still loved the guitar- took it to daycare every day, brings it to church, etc. The other day, the handle snapped off. He still carries around the body and plays with it, which totally cracks me up, but I decided to shell out the bucks for a new guitar toy. I bought the Elmo Let's Rock guitar, but I'm reading reviews that it's very loud. My question for you is, should I take the batteries out before I give it to him? I wonder if he won't fall in love with the thing if it never makes noise. That said, I also need to save my sanity. Plus, if it makes noise, I will not let him take it out of the house, obviously.

New Toy Question 39 votes

Take them out and enjoy the silence!
43% 17 votes
Leave them in! Rock on!
56% 22 votes

Re: New Toy Question

• Options
    I suppose the third option is, leave the batteries in but put lots of tape over the speaker to dull the noise.  That still rules out taking it out of the house, though.
  • Options
    Can you find a non electronic one for him? I believe they make little wooden toy versions of most instruments. Otherwise, you could try the Elmo one without batteries, then if he doesn't love it just put them back in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think taking the batteries out kind of defeats the purpose. If you don't want it to make noise why not just let him continue playing with the silent one he already has?
    Because it broke and it looks so sad, him carrying around half a guitar :(  He was jamming on it this morning like he didn't care though....kids are weird.

Glad to hear some of the rest of you think it's not too loud.  Maybe we will give it a shot and see how it goes.  I could always sneak them out.  Or just let the thing die a natural death, which would surely come soon.
  • Options
    rock out. but all those noisy kids toys dont bug us here....we may turn them all on at the same time sometimes....

• Options
    My uncle got DS a play cell phone that has the most annoying voice ever. He quickly became obsessed with it, but hasn't even noticed that I took out the batteries almost immediately. He just likes pretending that he has a cell phone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"