September 2014 Moms

Epoxy paint... freakout

So.. DH and I have been wanting to spruce up the kitchen for awhile.. he used epoxy to refinish the counter tops this evening. Of course, being in the house I could smell the fumes. I wore a ventilated mask, went to our room and kept the windows & door open and haven't smelled anything since. I should've just told him to hold off but I didn't even think about it being an issue-dumb. Now I'm worried that I've potentially exposed the baby to fumes.. and I don't think I'll be able to forgive myself if something happens.. DH is beside himself upset and has been googling all night & asking why I didn't tell him. Pregnancy brain- I just didn't think. ugh, am I overly worried or being realistic? Anyone else had a similar issue? Help.

Re: Epoxy paint... freakout

• Unless you stood over the counter directly inhailing the fumes for hours you are fine. Take a breath and relax.
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited February 2014
    MMason12 I'm sure I'm probably ok too.. having a night to sleep on it has made me feel a bit better. You're right, I'm not really one for huffing paint. haha

dearfoam yes I did have a respirator rather than just a paper mask. What sucks is I'm usually the type of person who plans things out, reads information/tutorials and then starts a project. The last few weeks I've just been a bit spacey. I'm really kicking myself for not thinking about it beforehand, but I feel a bit better today and am optimistic everything is fine because I did atleast take precautions..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"