Preemies
Options

conjuntivitis

I woke up a 3 am and found DD (adjusted age 37 weeks) had one eye that looked kinda watery. At 6 am it was all glued shut like how conjunctivitis looks. I do have a call in to her doctor, that she just saw yesterday grrr. Has anyone had this happen? Please tell me it doesn't require her to go back to the NICU. Her twin is due to come home today or tomorrow. So frustrating!   

Re: conjuntivitis

• Options
    I'm sorry. Pink eye is awful. Hope that its just ick in her eye. She shouldn't have to go back to nicu for pink eye. I would mention it to the nicu when ur getting your other twin, better safe than sorry. Do you have pets? That was the first sign of pet allergies in my tiny tot. Gl! Hope it resolves quickly!
  • Options
    It could just be a clogged duct. Our LO battled it for months. It's very common in preemies.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also agree it could be a blocked duct.

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• Options
    LaciJaxx said:
    It could just be a clogged duct. Our LO battled it for months. It's very common in preemies.
    The on call doctor said that is what it probably is. When I picked up her sister from the NICU yesterday I asked our nurse to take a look and she agreed and just to make sure I watch out for any swelling or increased redness. It is already looking better today so fingers crossed it is just a clogged duct.

• Options
    Yay!!!! Our little guy fought it for months. It's nasty at times but tgey usually grow out of it. Our optometrist said she wouldn't even consider doing anything until at least 1 year. He's almost 8 months now and it cleared up weeks ago. He still gets a little piece of puss in there every now and again but it goes away by itself. Great news!!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Pregnancy #1 EDD 1/20/13, D&C for unexplained miscarriage at 12w
    Pregnancy #2 EDD 8/28/2013, Carson was born on 6/28/2013 at 31w - spent 37 days in the NICU
  • Options
    One of my twins has battled this for months. We have a gel he gets 4 times a day and gently clean with a warm cloth. His other twin has never had issues. But as long as there is no swelling or redness it sounds like a clogged duct.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"