Trouble TTC
Options

Conflicted work feelings *preg mentioned not mine*

I work for a social service organization that provides services to street bound homeless persons and today I was visiting one of my young, female clients and she revealed to me that she just found out she is pregnant and she has zero clue how far along she is. I have offered her condoms at least a dozen times and she always refused them. The father is her also homeless, ten years older, sex offender boyfriend who has two other children he's not allowed to see besides. On one hand, I am totally full of rage that I am facing yet another example of how ridiculously unfair infertility is but on the other hand my heart just breaks for her. I have always felt she was one of my more vulnerable clients because I feel that she is really manipulated by this guy. She is obviously freaked out but totally confident that her bf is going to come up with a plan for them. there is just no universe in which this situation turns out okay for them. I completely held it together the whole time we were talking but had to go lock myself in a Starbucks bathroom and have a good cry. this job is always draining but this was just like somebody punched me in the face. Thanks for listening.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
ME (26) DH (32) Diagnosis- unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss
BFP #1 7/12- MC 8w.3d
BFP #2 10/12- CP 
BFP #3 1/13 - CP
BFP #4 8/13- MC 6w3d
IUI #1 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel 1/13-BFN
IUI #2 2/14 100MG Clomid/Ovidrel- BFP! grow baby grow

Re: Conflicted work feelings *preg mentioned not mine*

• Options
    jaztasticjaztastic member
    edited February 2014
    Sorry you had a bad day...I can imagine this case has you frustrated. I don't have a solution response, but I just wanted you to know that we are here to support you on days just like this one. Hope the days to come are brighter gift you.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options
    That is a really crappy day. It sounds like you do really important work and you must be really strong emotionally and compassionate to do that kind of work. Here's hoping that there will be a good outcome for all of us dealing with the unfairness of IF.
    Me(33)- atypical PCOS, ovulation difficulties, irregular cycles DH (40)- normal Summer 2010- married and stopped BC 2012-2013 GYN did some tests, SA-good, my blood work- slightly high androgens, some cysts, mentions PCOS and referral to RE- but im not ready so just start charting and OPKs. Spend way too long trying on own just charting occasionally, tracking symptoms, BD a lot more, and hoping November 2013- finally go to RE. Repeat tests plus more. SA - great. Still slightly high androgens, some cysts, dx with PCOS but its atypical presentation. January 2014- cycle 1 of letrozole, trigger shot,TI - BFN February 2014 - letrozole + injections, IUI -BFN March- benched scheduled LAP 4/15 RE thinks Endo
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand. :( I do therapy with clients who often are not in positions to be having children or who are already in trouble for neglecting or abusing the ones they have. It truly is unfair!!!

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Options
    I understand how being around people that are pregnant outside of ideal situations make things even more frustrating. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that today. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"