October 2012 Moms

overnight wake ups?

Ok my LO has usually been a decent sleeper but lately is waking up overnight and she'll scream unless I let her out of her room to run around and play. Usually lasts 30 min- an hour and then she'll go back to sleep. She is teething but giving her Motrin doesn't help. Is anyone else's LO doing anything like this? I have a 2 month old as well so this basically equates to no sleeping for mommy and I'm losing my mind!

Re: overnight wake ups?

• We were going through the same thing! The night before last she only screamed for a few mins and went back to sleep and last night I heard her chatting to herself at about 3:30 but no screaming. The few nights before that were flat out hell. She would just scream and scream and scream. she's calm down if I took her downstairs and let her munch on something cold and watch some sprout, then maybe she'd go back to sleep, or maybe she'd scream some more. I'm guessing it's molar hell. We give her Tylenol before bed and the screaming seemed to start around 1, right when the Tylenol would be wearing off.

Hugs :(

• Thanks:( @stephcarter she actually has all of her molars, those came in a month ago, she is working on all 4 canines(?) though. I don't notice a difference with or without meds though which is a pain:(

• Loading the player...
  • @RVASC811 was going to tag you in my post but couldn't remember if it was 811 or 823 and was too lazy to look.

SOOOO happy to hear your LO sttn!!! I thought of you when I heard B chatting with herself at 3am, wondered if you were up too.

• @ac1259 a few people have mentioned that the canines have been worse than molars for their LOs. Maybe those are bothering her?

Hope you get some rest soon!

• @stephcarter hopefully! I can't take many more nights of this! And my 2 month old got vaccinations yesterday, I figured she'd be my troublemaker last night but she slept good!

• yes canines were way worse than molars for us. I didn't think was was worse than molars and then his canines came in. The good part was that the canines were quick and only wrecked havoc for a few days. Hope she starts sleeping better for you soon.

• Tonight's screaming session started at 9:45. She started coughing earlier though and asleep in my bed now that's how I know she feels terrible. Normally she won't fall asleep in my bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"