September 2014 Moms

Any other runners due in Sept?

I had just, just, JUST committed to running my first marathon when I found out. Like, 12 hours before the test. That's a tough goal to give up, but an Oct 13 marathon is impossible with a Sept 26 due date!

I'd love to connect with other running future mamas to compare notes as our bodies and workouts change!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Any other runners due in Sept?

• Not a huge fan of running but love being active and do still run. Good luck with keeping up with it. I change my routine constantly with classes at the gym always varying and I'm competing in some open water swims while pregnant :/ so we'll see how that goes.

I will definitely keep an eye out for future posts as I'm interested in how we will conform to our ever changing bodies while performing routine activities!

• I ran a little bit growing up and into my teens. I didn't start seriously running until a couple years ago. I started a desk job and wanted to keep active so I ran 5mi on my lunch breaks. Since I've been pregnant I have done very little running. Between it being so freakin cold and being so freakin tired!!!! I can't wait until it warms up a little. Hoping to start running full time in March!
    I would love to keep connected with other running moms and moms to be!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, yeah a full marathon might be a little difficult to train for esp if it's so close to your due date, also I don't think you will get clearance from your MD for such a long distance that soon.  I did my first marathon last year, but this year just doing half marathon and lower distance races (luckily will be until April).  I also have a race scheduled for October but it's a relay and it's not quite as many miles.  I'm hoping if I run throughout pregnancy and things go okay, maybe my recovery time will be earlier so I can do the relay.  There's a lot of blogs out there of women who ran through pregnancy -- good resources!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was registered for my first marathon in May, but I'll have to postpone that goal. I was happy about my BFP, but I have to admit I was disappointed I wasn't going to get to run my full marathon, especially since I had done a half-marathon in November that had gone really well (five minute PR) and was really lucky forward to doing the full.

I haven't ran since my BFP, mostly because m/s started two days after the test, and has just recently gone away. I'm waiting to see my doctor next week to see if I'll run through the rest of my pregnancy. I still go out for a walk every day, no matter how cold it gets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• I was supposed to run a 15k this past weekend. But I haven't run since I found out... if it wasn't exhaustion, it was cramps that made me wary. Also I wouldn't have run it anyway becuase I was spotting red friday night, followed by brown this weekend (doc said I was fine) but I wouldn't have been comfortable to run it. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Nausea, cold & ice have kept me from running since my bfp, but I've been pretty good about rowing a few times a week at least. I did my 1st adventure race last summer & am disappointed I won't be able to do any this year. With my previous pregnancies I couldn't run after I got much of a bump, it was just too uncomfortable for me.
  • I was registered for my first marathon in May, but I'll have to postpone that goal. I was happy about my BFP, but I have to admit I was disappointed I wasn't going to get to run my full marathon, especially since I had done a half-marathon in November that had gone really well (five minute PR) and was really lucky forward to doing the full.

I haven't ran since my BFP, mostly because m/s started two days after the test, and has just recently gone away. I'm waiting to see my doctor next week to see if I'll run through the rest of my pregnancy. I still go out for a walk every day, no matter how cold it gets.
    I was registered for my first full in April (about 3 days before my BFP) and had to downgrade to the mini instead. I too was sort of bummed. However, I think I'll make it a goal for next April to help get some baby weight off! :) 

I believe there are quite a few runners on this board actually! We have a weekly fitness check-in on Mondays for both runners and workout junkies. You ladies should be sure and look for that post! We talk about how we did the previous week, if any pregnancy symptoms have gotten in the way, etc... 
    Mr & Mrs 5/5/2012
    DH-28 Me-26
    Fur baby- Colt 
    Baby BOY due 9/24/2014

imageimageimage 

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I ran my first half marathon in December and I was actually a few weeks pregnant I didn't run at all during my first pregnancy and i gained way too much weight also It took a toll on me mentally because I find it relaxing so I'm going to try to run throughout my pregnancy I'm going to just listen to my body and see how it goes the longest run I think I'll do is a 15k
  • I'm probably a "recovering runner" -- dove into it hardcore a few years ago once I got clearance to run again after a nasty skiing accident sidelined me. Committed to a marathon before the end of the year, and did it in 2008... which is a story worth of it's own post as it is.

Haven't been running nearly as consistently, and honestly, not at all since the BFP, but plan on getting out for a light walk/jog this weekend on the trails, since the temps will be considerably milder. 

I'm hoping to do the Atlanta Half next March as my post-baby goal. :)
    July Siggy Challenge: Summer Pool Fails

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01.07.14 | Due Date: 09.17.14
  • I am a runner and love it! My husband and I ran our first half marathon this summer and another one at the end of September. My doctor just told me to listen to my body and slow down my pace if needed. I'm taking it easy lately due to severe morning sickness, but sneak a run in when I can. I plan to do a 8K at the end of April and possibly a 10K in June. I can't imagine not running, but would stop in a heartbeat for this baby if need be!
  • I believe there are quite a few runners on this board actually! We have a weekly fitness check-in on Mondays for both runners and workout junkies. You ladies should be sure and look for that post! We talk about how we did the previous week, if any pregnancy symptoms have gotten in the way, etc...
    Awesome! I'd love to check in.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I actually got my BFP 11 days after my first full marathon and 4 days after my 5th half marathon. I told husband that a full marathon was on my "before" baby list...little did I know how close I cut it! Luckily I did it in Disney World so that's off my list now too :) I was going to take a little running break anyway- I was training for so many things that I got burnt out. I would love to get back at the gym, to do anything, but I've been too sick to functions!
    Also- we have the same due date <3
    Dating: 09/17/2004 - Married: 08/02/2008 - Baby Glass EDD: 09/26/2014!
    photo companion_zps5dd548e3.jpg

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP: 01/23/2014  EDD: 09/26/2014
  • Love running but I live in Mass and it's freezing- so haven't done much since I found out. Once it gets warmer I'll see how I feel. I've never run a full but have done two half-marathons. Keep posted!
  • Hello there fellow runners!!!

I did two 10k's during my last pregnancy (ended in a loss) and then 3 weeks after my d&c I ran a half marathon. I love running! Well, let me rephrase that.... I have a love/hate relationship with running.

After the half marathon on December 1st I really haven't ran much. I was supposed to run a full marathon bit lost two weeks of running due to the d&c so I dropped to the half. First off, I usually take all of December off just to give my body a break. I ran a few times in early January but I am just tired and bored of running on a treadmill. And I refuse to freeze myself to death trying to run outside in Michigan right now. To top it off I've had some spotting for the last week and half so I was told by my doctor I should limit activities like running.

I can't wait to get past the 12 week point and after that I plan to do 3 miles a day 5 days a week. Although that may sound like a lot, for someone coming off marathon training 3 mikes a day is chump change. I can walk that far.

I'm hoping that staying physically active will help with the labor process.
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• I've ran 5 fulls and I really don't know how many halves. I am planning on running the Brooklyn half this May if I'm feeling okay. I've ran a couple times since the BFP, but between m/s, bitter cold, finding a babysitter, and some spotting, it hasn't been much. Looking forward to putting more miles on soon, as I was in pretty good shape prior to getting pregnant. I ran up until around 6 months with my last pregnancy, but at that point my feet couldn't take it under the added weight. It does feel kinda weird running with a big belly. And I always felt like I had to pee...I learned to just ignore the feeling and run through it. I'm hoping this time I can make it as long or longer than last time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did a 5K in late October and then stopped running completely while NaNoWriMo took over in November. I was all ready to get back into it during my lunch breaks like 3 weeks ago, but between me feeling crummy, work being busy, and my gym buddy being a flake who keeps forgetting her gear, it hasn't happened yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Me, me!
    I did my second half in October, and was planning to do one this spring if we weren't pregnant.  I don't think I'll do super long distance runs, but I am signed up for a couple 5ks for this spring.  I just plan to slow down my pace and *hope* my balance is OK for a few more months!
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes! Finally. I got cleared by a nurse to keep running during pregnancy, and I'll be running a half at 10 weeks. I plan to run some 10ks and 5ks this spring and summer too if everything keeps feeling good. There are some great running blogs out there. Try googling salty running. She shows her training logs before and after pregnancy. I'm due in September 27th, I'd love to stay in touch!
  • I did 5 miles outside yesterday and it felt like a dream. I've noticed that I need water at more regular intervals than pre-pregnancy, and that I get out of breath easily, so I'm trying to take it easier - no speedwork with my lunchtime group today, for example. But oh, I'm so, so thankful that I'm able to keep running!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have guaranteed entry to the NYC marathon this year because I was supposed to run it last year and injured my ankle 2 weeks before! Not sure I'll be ready to run a marathon a month after my due date though!
  • Yay Sept 2014 runners!! So glad there are so many. I've run 4 halfs and tons of other races. Can't live without running.

Is anyone else seriously bumming about how much slower they have gotten? I miss my old fast self!! I'm still running 3-5 mi at a time about 3-4x a week (barre workouts on the other days) but I don't feel like myself - and I hate being slow!!
  • Used to run.. now not anymore. I used to walk fast too, DH would always ask to slow down and enjoy the view. Now,  catching my breath just walking from room to room. Haha! Hope to get back into running soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay! I'm not alone! I hate being slow too! I fell like falling asleep when I move so slow!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have my first half marathon this Sunday! I am so excited but I will not be running it with the same speed or intensity as I intended before being pregnant. I'll just be proud to be a preggo finisher. ;)
  • I'm gonna do some 5k's this spring. I'm also registering for Peachtree which is a 10k in July. ... should be interesting with the Heat in Atlanta and 7 months preggers.

• I am an avid runner and triathlete and my doc said just back down the intensity and watch the heart rate. Keeping the HR high for too long can reduce the blood flow to your uterus, since your muscles will require the blood. For me, he said - no fulls, stick to half marathons. I already did one at about 5 weeks and have another planned at 13. I suggest if you are going to run get a HR monitor and understand what your HR normals are. I have been running regularly, but walking hills or when I get winded (easier now). My doc also said that if it looks like I am doing too much we will see it in the third trimester and the baby might not be growing as well, but we can keep an eye on development and if it looks slower, I will need to back it off.

Check out these great articles written by pro triathlete, Sarah Haskins. She gave me great piece of mind about what to expect each stage in pregnancy. It was also nice to hear that even pro athletes set limits, listenting to your body is #1. Good luck, happy training! Happy baby!

https://fitnesscenter.bobgear.com/fitnesscenter/category/contributing-authors/sarah-haskins/ 

• Yes! I am totally slow now, but I am blaming it on the snow and ice we have had ;)
  • Before I was pregnant I was running about 30-35 miles a week and had done 8 marathons and 2 half marathons. It is a hard goal to give up but Baby is totally worth it. You can always train for a marathon after Baby is born to get your pre-prego body back. ;)

I am not running during my pregnancy. I had a MC late last year and I just don't want to risk anything. I am walking and riding the stationary bike. I miss running but I plan to start back up after Baby is born. :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"