3rd Trimester
Options

For Those That Have Dyed Their Hair in the 3rd Trimester

I am planning on getting my hair dyed next weekend so it'll be nice for my maternity pics.  I have read that sometimes the hormones can cause the color to come out slightly different.  Have any of you experienced this or did it come out the correct color?  TIA!

Re: For Those That Have Dyed Their Hair in the 3rd Trimester

• Options
    I dyed my hair throughout both pregnancies and didn't have any issues or changes in color.
  • Options
    I've gotten my hair highlighted 1-2 times in each pregnancy and haven't had any issues either.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got my hair highlighted and didn't have any problems.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  That is good to hear! :-)
  • Options
    No issues here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    The color was fine just didn't last as long...
  • Options
    No, it's totally fine. Colour away!!
  • Options
    I've been doing hair for a zillion years and I've never seen pregnancy hormones effect hair color. It has zero effect on professional color, I would never advocate home dye jobs. But I'm supposed to say that, you're safe either way ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just got highlights last night... looks as good as ever! :) No problems.
  • Options
    I haven't had any issues either.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    I had to have mine redone professionally when prego with DD because it didn't take. 
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    I only managed to get my highlights done once each trimester as the chemical smell made me throw up each time but the color came out fine. The only problem was vitamins made my hair grow so fast that it probably would have needed doing every other week. Color was fine.
  • Options
    My sister-in-law is a hairstylist and has been coloring my hair for years.  We were both surprised to find out that my hair did react funny to color towards the end of my pregnancy.  I am 36 weeks and postponing color because of this.  She suggested a color cleanse before my next color treatment but didn't want to do that while pregnant as it uses stronger chemicals.  I feel I am an oddball because when I ask around, most women seem to have no issues.  Meanwhile, I have ugly roots! ugh. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"