Cincinnati Babies
Options

NKY OB recommendations

Just took a couple pregnancy tests and they both said pregnant!! I have a gyno in Cinci that I love, but I currently live in Union Ky outside of Florence and don't want to travel all the way to Cinci. Can anyone recommend a patient OB for a first time mommy?

Re: NKY OB recommendations

• Options
    I live in Florence and have decided to keep my Cincy OB. I work in healthcare(sort of) and I have heard awful things about St. Elizabeth. I will say that my GP is off of Buttermilk and is affiliated with Christ hospital. A friend of mine lives in Independence and had her son at Good Sam, which is an excellent hospital for childbirth. I don't think this helps you any, but, in any event you can always check in to your local pharmacy and ask your pharmacist. Since they see prescriptions from them ALL day, it's a good chance that they'll know some good and bad ones.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I see Dr.Jacobs at OB/Gyn Associates of NKY and love the practice. I had a wonderful experience at St. Elizabeth and will be Avignon my second baby there. 

https://www.obgynnky.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am very interested to hear why people either love or hate St. Elizabeth's hospital. I am just moving to the area and need a new Ob and hospital. Several people I know from the area talk like that is the worst place to deliver. Then some very reputable healthcare professionals I know highly recommend that hospital because I am pregnant with multiples and therefore high risk. Any additional info would be very appreciated!
  • Options
    I delivered my son at St Elizabeth in Edgewood in January 2010. It was right around the time they merged/bought St Luke. I did not have a good experience there, the nurses were all giving me inconsistent information and the lactation consultants never saw me. All the while I'm dealing with a late preterm baby (born in my 36th week) that stopped breathing on me in his first few hours. And the billing issues went on for over a year. While it is closer in proximity to where we live, way be going across the river to Good Sam.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    I use Tristate Women's Health Associates in Florence, near Boone Cty HS. Dr. Billock delivered my son, but all the doctors at the practice are great (3 women and 2 men). They're affiliated with St E. I delivered my son there last April had a really great experience. They were open to what I wanted and didn't push me to get a c-section even though I had been laboring for over 30 hours. The nurses were great. I will say the triage nurse I worked with was a little impatient and made me feel stupid but oh well. So anyway, St E was great for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am delivering at St. E Edgewood. I'm surprised to hear negative comments about them because I've only had really positive experiences so far. My OBGYN is great too. I am having a natural birth which can be difficult to do in the hospitals here. However, Dr. Khatri is really supportive of natural births. He is working with us to solidify our birth plan to make sure we get to do exaclty what we want without any of the usual interventions that the hospitals typically want to take out. I think that if you are precise about how you want your labor experience to be, you should be fine at any place. 

Seriously though, if you're looking to go natural, I'd recommend Dr. K. 

Good luck!
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"