Late Term and Child Loss

March For Babies (LO mentioned)

Hey ladies!

So I was thinking about doing the March of Dimes March For Babies this year in honor of Walter and in memory of Mary. I looked up our local event and it is on May 4th this year which just happens to be exactly 1 year from the day Mary passed away.

So, I don't know how I feel about that. I don't know if that makes me want to do it more or less. I don't know how I will feel on that day. I don't know if it will be good for us to do something big in her memory or if I'll just want a quiet day at home.

What do you guys think? What would you do?

Re: March For Babies (LO mentioned)

• I think that you are the only one who can make that decision because you know yourself the best...but..if it were me I would absolutely do it! I would feel that the way the timing falls has to be fate and im the type of person that likes being surrounded by people when im feeling down.
    But like I said the decision is yours alone. Whatever you decide I think that this is a wonderful thing and if you dont feel up to it this year its always something to consider again in the future! :)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers'> 

• ***siggy warning; pregnancy mentioned***

We did it last year and it was great. I'd be doing it again this year, but that's right around my due date. Last year it fell on my co-worker's (fellow loss mom) daughter's birthday. It was really hard for her but she seemed to get a lot out of it.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That is a tough decision. For me, I feel like the first anniversary will be the toughest and I don't know for sure what I will feel up to doing, and might hesitate to plan anything. On the other hand, the fact that it falls on the day is pretty cool, and could be a sign that you should do it and really celebrate her publicly. I would think about it more, maybe talk to YH, close friends and family, and see how you feel.

We participated in a color me rad 5k in honor of Colton back in November (we had done one last year while I was pregnant, so it had special meaning). We invited close friends and family to participate with us, had shirts made for everyone with Colton's name and footprints, and all ran together. It was really awesome. Having our friends and family come out to support us and remember Colton publicly like that was very heartwarming and meant a lot to me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I think its a great idea! Although that day will be especially hard for you, I think the march would be a great way to honor Walter and memorialize Mary, I think it well help you feel a little better knowing you are doing that for them. Go mama go..((hugs))

• We are doing the March for Babies walk at the end of April, which would be the same week as Conner and Benjamin's EDD.  To me, it makes me feel closer to them.  I always say - I can't plan their birthdays, their graduation parties, or their weddings.  But I can do this for them.  I also know how hard it is going to be for me, because a lot of families will be there with their preemies who did survive while mine are only there in spirit and memory.  Somedays I regret putting a team together, but I know it is for a good cause.  In the end, only you can decide if it will be the right decision for you and your family.  It may be something great to do in memory/honor of your children.  But if it is too difficult to do, especially on that day, no one could blame you.  And keep this in mind: if you want to do the walk, but you do not want to do it on that day, there is always next year's walk.  
  • Thank you guys so much for your input. I know, ultimately, it's whatever we're comfortable with but I just go back and forth so much not knowing how I will feel when the time comes. I think we'll do it! I think when it comes down to it, it will be good to have something positive to do that day!
  • *siggy warning*

Also, don't feel that just because you might not be up for the actual walk on the date, that you can't otherwise participate.  I had several people pledge support and fundraise for the walk for Eleanor last year, and then they couldn't actually walk because things came up.  That doesn't negate all of the hard work they did prior to.   Why not start a team in memory of your LO and then you can play it by ear if you actually show up on the day-of, depending on how you're feeling.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Just my input, but I am doing it this year in Little Girl's honor. I used to donate to early childhood education and planned parenthood, but now I feel I am part of the March of Dimes community. My baby died of PROM due to chorio and could not be saved. I hope and pray more research will be done to prevent this infection in the future and donating to MOD helps comfort me.

imageimage
    DD born on 11/10/2007
    TTC Sept-Nov 2012
    BFP on 10/25/2012 CP 11/1/2012
    Back on BCP
    BFP on 10/13/2013 EDD June 26, 2014 
    Little Girl went to Heaven on January 26, 2014 @ 18 weeks
    TTCAL March 2014-Present
    BFP on 6/20/2014 Blighted Ovum
    BFP on 8/31/2014 It's a GIRL!  EDD May 18, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board