Pre-School and Daycare
Options

crayola window markers- secret to cleaning?

I thought DD would think they were fun. They are not fun, to clean anyway...I did glass cleaner & dry paper towels...still smearing & can't get it totally off. Any tips?

Re: crayola window markers- secret to cleaning?

• Options
    Oh my gosh, I hate those things.  I had to clean the windows several times to get all of the residue off.  Also, if you accidentally leave the caps off (which my 2.5 year old does all the time) the "crystal effects" ones get weird flaky stuff everywhere.

I think I washed the windows with soapy water, dried them, and then windexed a couple of times before I got it all off.
  • Options
    Throw them out. ;-)

DD2 used them once. DH had such a hard time cleaning them that they got put away somewhere, possibly in the trash.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Angela814 said:
    Throw them out. ;-) DD2 used them once. DH had such a hard time cleaning them that they got put away somewhere, possibly in the trash.
    Yeah, I'm leaning toward this...ugh
  • Options
    We've been using Clorox wipes to clean them off and haven't had any problems.  I've even gotten the crayon off the door frame with the wipes.  
  • Options
    I used a paper towel with warm water first, then windex...no trouble at all
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LOL, this post resurrected itself from a month ago!
    My markers made their way to the garbage long ago but if we should find ourselves w/ another pack one day, good to know!!!
  • Options
    Magic marker.. then windex
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Probably should say mr. Clean magic eraser not marker opps
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Warm water with a tiny bit of vinegar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"