Pregnant after IF

**2IF Grad Check-In**

Congrats to everyone for making it here!  This check-in is for graduates of the 2IF board (and any other secondary infertility grads).  If you are new to the check-in, please let us know your due date and you will be added for next week. 

Congrats to cerad5 on your recent BFP, and welcome to the 2IF Grad Check-In!  I saw there were a couple of other recent BFPs on 2IF, and I hope they will also join us here.  And congrats gmc222 on finding out you are team blue! 

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine’s Day, and hopefully it’s a long weekend for most with President’s Day today. 

Bumpee                        Due Date                      Team

HopingForMore              4/20                             TBD

tryingyetagain               4/26                              Pink

MJC1116                      5/1                                Green

CMDR513                      5/17                             Pink

luckyu317                     5/27                              Blue

Chrissy1276                  6/3                                Pink

gmc222                         6/21                             Blue

uagirl                            7/19                              TBD

AlmostWright                7/22                              Blue

KristyLynn26                 7/28                              Green

jknallen                         7/31                              TBD

ally510                          8/3                                TBD

kndeckar                       8/12                              TBD

+SouthernMomma+      9/26                              TBD

cerad5                          10/16                             TBD

1.  How many weeks along are you?

2.  Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results, etc.)?

3.  How are you feeling lately?

4.  QOTW:  Remember the episode of Friends where Ross and Rachel both had their top 5 list of celebrity hotties who would be “freebies” if they were ever lucky enough to meet them in person?  So who would some of your top 5 hotties be?

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
Baby is due 4/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: **2IF Grad Check-In**

• I'm 30 weeks.  Whoa.  Crazy.  D-day is only 8 weeks from Saturday, at the latest!  I'm feeling pretty good, but still having a ton of BH contractions.  I timed them Friday night and had 10 in one hour.  I had a lot with DS too, and I'm keeping a close eye on them.  I suspect my uterus is just irritable (which is what the nurse suggested).  And I started another ocular migraine last night with flashing floaters/aura.  So I have a bad headache today, but at least I know it's nothing serious and just related to the pregnancy.

QOTW:  Eric Bana (mmmm), actor.  Nick Stokes from CSI (actor is George Eads, I think).  Chris Martin from Coldplay.  Adam Levine from Maroon5.  Ryan Lochte (swimmer from the Olympics).  Coming up with this list was fun.   :D

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. I am 5w5d. Anxiously hoping to sail through 1st tri.

2. My first prenatal appt is Monday the 24th.

3.I am feeling normal first tri exhaustion. And normal early 1st tri worry about every little thing.

4. Justin Timberlake, Shemar Moore, Leo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp. I will now probably have a, ahem, dream tonight with one of these men. Oh hormones :)

DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I am 22w3d.

2. I have my regular check-in with the OB next Mon the 24th.  

3. I am recovering from a cold with sinus infection, but feeling pretty good overall. Have had some cramps lately that I'm hoping are not a cause for concern!

4. I really only need two: Mark Wahlburg & Charlie Hunnam.

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• @tryingyetagain, I'm so sorry about the migraines. They are the worst. I would REALLY encourage you to do acupuncture if you can. I had horrible migraines that went away with a few treatments.

1. I'm 29 weeks 5 days

2. My next appointment is tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much weight I've gained 
    :-S

3. Feeling pretty good! I have a bit more energy. DH and I had a really nice weekend and we've been working on the house a bit. The nursery is coming a long and it feels good!

4. I'm really bad at these. Celebrities kind of creep me out. I might have to think about this one a little more... 
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• gmc222 said:

1. I am 22w3d.

2. I have my regular check-in with the OB next Mon the 24th.  

3. I am recovering from a cold with sinus infection, but feeling pretty good overall. Have had some cramps lately that I'm hoping are not a cause for concern!

4. I really only need two: Mark Wahlburg & Charlie Hunnam.

Oh yeah, add Charlie to my list as well!
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    EDD 10/16/2014

• edited February 2014
    MJC1116 said:

@tryingyetagain, I'm so sorry about the migraines. They are the worst. I would REALLY encourage you to do acupuncture if you can. I had horrible migraines that went away with a few treatments.

1. I'm 29 weeks 5 days

2. My next appointment is tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much weight I've gained 

3. Feeling pretty good! I have a bit more energy. DH and I had a really nice weekend and we've been working on the house a bit. The nursery is coming a long and it feels good!

4. I'm really bad at these. Celebrities kind of creep me out. I might have to think about this one a little more... 
    I had three separate flashing floater/"aura" episodes today and I've had a bad headache for two days. I emailed the OB to see if she thought it was another ocular migraine, and she had me come in right away this afternoon for pre-E testing. My BP wasn't bad, but they detected some protein in my urine so she had me do another urine test to see how much protein. She is very worried about pre-E. Ugh! I'm hoping it's just migraines, but not looking forward to how often they are coming! Thx for the heads up on acu!!

ETA: oh, and she measured me while I was there and I measured 33cm even though I'm only 30 weeks! Yikes!!

Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'll play. Hi everyone! I'm CheesyPeas and just got my bfp last week. I'm pumped to be joining you and hope I get to stay for a long while. My EDD is October 23rd. 

1.  I'm 4w4d

2.  My first appointment is February 25 and will include an ultrasound. So far I've just had two rounds of betas that were on the low side but had good doubling time.

3. I feel pretty goid physically.  Crampy, bloated,  and a bit exhausted but otherwise feeling pretty normal still.

4.  Hmm I'll go with Ryan Gosling, Justin Timberlake, and Johnny Depp. There are others but my brain isn't functioning properly at the moment apparently. 

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• I'll play. Hi everyone! I'm CheesyPeas and just got my bfp last week. I'm pumped to be joining you and hope I get to stay for a long while. My EDD is October 23rd. 

1.  I'm 4w4d

2.  My first appointment is February 25 and will include an ultrasound. So far I've just had two rounds of betas that were on the low side but had good doubling time.

3. I feel pretty goid physically.  Crampy, bloated,  and a bit exhausted but otherwise feeling pretty normal still.

4.  Hmm I'll go with Ryan Gosling, Justin Timberlake, and Johnny Depp. There are others but my brain isn't functioning properly at the moment apparently. 

Hey lady, glad to see a familiar face! Praying your appt and US go well :)
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    EDD 10/16/2014

• @tryingyetagain, I'm so sorry about the migraines. They are the worst. I would REALLY encourage you to do acupuncture if you can. I had horrible migraines that went away with a few treatments.

1. I'm 29 weeks 5 days

I had three separate flashing floater/"aura" episodes today and I've had a bad headache for two days. I emailed the OB to see if she thought it was another ocular migraine, and she had me come in right away this afternoon for pre-E testing. My BP wasn't bad, but they detected some protein in my urine so she had me do another urine test to see how much protein. She is very worried about pre-E. Ugh! I'm hoping it's just migraines, but not looking forward to how often they are coming! Thx for the heads up on acu!! ETA: oh, and she measured me while I was there and I measured 33cm even though I'm only 30 weeks! Yikes!!

Do you have to do the 24 hour collection at home? I had to do that with DD and it as loads of fun! ;) I hope it's nothing, keep us updated :)
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Congratulations @cerad5 and @CheesyPeas !! @tryingyetagain I hope you are feeling better soon and can find a way to get some relief from the migraines :(

I am 18 weeks and doing well, other than the odd urine retention issues that I posted about last week. So far no catheter again (not fun) but there are times baby must be positioned to block everything. Laying down on my side helps but that means I am up all night for the bathroom since I can't lay down at work. Oh well, I know it isn't the worst thing to happen. Good thing was I got to see him briefly when the doctor was checking for anything that could be causing the blockage and he was moving all over the place. I am still waiting impatiently to really feel him though. Next appt is Monday for the anatomy scan!

QOTW: I am really bad at celebrity names so have no idea for this one!

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 15 weeks and feeling good. I was kinda bummed that our anatomy scan was scheduled so late (I'll be 22 weeks 3 days) but a friend of mine sent me this thing about the pregnancy care center looking for pregnant women to give free ultrasounds to for training, so I scheduled an appt and now we get to take an extra look at LO on March 10th and hopefully find out the sex!
    QOTW: Justin Timberlake, Gerard Butler, and that guy that plays Jackson on Greys Anatomy!! He's dreamy.... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KristyLynn26KristyLynn26 member
    edited February 2014
    I'm 17 and a half weeks and feeling good. Still doing weekly progesterone injections which are no fun. Ouch! I'd stand on my head though if they told me that's what I needed to do. Lol.

Next appointment is March 3rd at 19 weeks! It's our big anatomy scan and I can't wait to see LO again. We are still determined to be team green just like with DD but I feel like its been so long and I want to know everything is ok. It's going to be so different this time around with far less ultrasounds. I had weekly ultrasounds and so many pictures of DD because of GD. I don't really know what to expect.

@tryingyetagain - I hope you feel better soon! I've had migraines since about 4th grade and they are seriously no fun. :( Hang in there and keep us posted!

QOTW: I have no idea! LOL! I don't really watch anything anymore. I feel so out of the loop on everything these past few years. I loved Brad Pitt when I was younger though. :)
    imageimage

First Time: DD born 3/2011 after trying for two years, LAP, and two IUIs w/ Femera + Ovidrel
    This Time: 4/12 Femera IUI #1 BFN, 5/12 Femera + TI BFN, 6/12 Femera + IUI #2 BFN, 7/12 Femera + IUI #3 BFN, 8/12 Follistim IUI #4 BFN
    IVF #1: ER 11/5/12 : 17 eggs retrieved/6 fertilized, ET 11/10/12 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #2: ER 1/28/13 : 12 eggs retrieved/9 fertilized, ET 2/2/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #3: ER 4/15/13 : 13 eggs retrieved/7 fertilized, ET 4/18/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    Laparoscopy 5/24/13 : Stage 2 Endo, Scaring, and Both tubes Blocked but successfully Opened
    IVF #4 (Clinical Trial): ER 7/22/13 : 15 eggs/8 fertilized, ET 7/25/13 : 3dt of 3 embies/0 frosties BFN
    IVF #5: ER 11/4/13 : 13 eggs/12 fertilized, ET 11/9/13 : 5dt of 2 embies/0 frosties BFP!!! Beta 11/20/13 = 447 1 Beautiful Baby! EDD: July 28, 2014
  • CMDR513CMDR513 member
    edited February 2014

1.  How many weeks along are you? 27+ 

2.  Any medical updates (appointments, ultrasounds, tests/results, etc.)? App't tomorrow. Passed my 3 hr GTT.

3.  How are you feeling lately? Pretty good. 

4.  QOTW:  Remember the episode of Friends where Ross and Rachel both had their top 5 list of celebrity hotties who would be “freebies” if they were ever lucky enough to meet them in person?  So who would some of your top 5 hotties be? Ben Affleck, Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, James Franco, Vince Vaughn.

• cerad5 said:

MJC1116 said:

@tryingyetagain, I'm so sorry about the migraines. They are the worst. I would REALLY encourage you to do acupuncture if you can. I had horrible migraines that went away with a few treatments.

1. I'm 29 weeks 5 days

I had three separate flashing floater/"aura" episodes today and I've had a bad headache for two days. I emailed the OB to see if she thought it was another ocular migraine, and she had me come in right away this afternoon for pre-E testing. My BP wasn't bad, but they detected some protein in my urine so she had me do another urine test to see how much protein. She is very worried about pre-E. Ugh! I'm hoping it's just migraines, but not looking forward to how often they are coming! Thx for the heads up on acu!!

ETA: oh, and she measured me while I was there and I measured 33cm even though I'm only 30 weeks! Yikes!!

Do you have to do the 24 hour collection at home? I had to do that with DD and it as loads of fun! ;) I hope it's nothing, keep us updated :)

Thank goodness she didn't have me do that! The first test showed a trace but the quantitative test must not have shown much if anything. So the OB does think it's auras with migraines and not pre-E. I had that headache for three days... Yuck!

Thanks everyone!!

Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

1.  I'm 4w4d

Glad you're playing! Welcome and congrats!!

Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"