Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Enfamil Newborn vs Gentlease

Has anyone ever made the switch from newborn to gentlease and had more problems?? Baby Em seems to be having more difficulty passing gas and pooping now than before. We switched her from newborn formula bc she was beginning to have issues with gas. Ugh - hate seeing her miserable. And I hate not sleeping.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Enfamil Newborn vs Gentlease

• I was told by the pediatrician to use gas drops before making the switch. Maybe you can go back and use gas drops? I have been doing that and it has worked for my twins. GL!
    TTC since May 2010. DX Unexplained IF. IUI #1 in August 2012. Clomid, Menopur plus Ovidrel. BFN. IUI #2 in September 2012. Clomid, Menopur plus Ovidrel. BFN. IUI #3 in October 2012. BFN. IVF in April/May 2013. BFP with b/g twins! Due February 2, 2014. Thank you God!
  • We went from enfamil newborn to gentlease because my LO was constipated. She didn't have problems with it but just wouldn't drink much - and get fussy because she was hungry. We switched to Similac Sensitive and she hasn't needed gas drops and she drinks till she's full. My son did really well on gentlease but terribly on Similac, just goes to show every baby is different.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!!
  • We went from newborn to gentlease after LO was about 3 weeks but found he still had gas problems after a month gas drops & gripe water never helped he's been on similac sensitive ever since he's 3 months now and never had gas problems on similac sensitive
  • That's good to know @lesly84 We have switched and she's still having some gas issues, maybe not as bad but still there for sure. May give it another week or so then ask about another change.
  • Hi!  Visiting from May '14!  When DS was a baby we switched him from regular Enfamil (they didn't have Newborn then, he's 3.5) to Gentlease and he did great on it!!!  The doctor did tell us that you need to give it at least 5 days to see if the change in formula is helping though.  We saw improvement by the first day, but she said it could take up to 5 days.  If after 5 days there's no improvement try another formula.  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"