Secondary IF

Not TTC/SIF related

I'm hosting my cousin's bridal shower in a couple of weeks. The venue is about 30 miles from my home. A relative asked if she could ship a gift to me since she couldn't be there. That way I could wrap it and give it to the bride at the shower. I agreed. Well, the gift arrived and is huge. It stands about three feet tall. I don't want to wrap something that big. My car is already almost filled with shower supplies and I still have the cake and food to go. Do I have to wrap/bring the gift that day? Or can I bring it to the bride in advance? I know that's not what the giver wanted but when I agreed I pictured something small/medium.

Would you wrap it and bring it or give in advance?

Re: Not TTC/SIF related

• Is there anyone that can bring it for you?, big gifts like that I just got one of those huge bags for, instead of trying to wrap it- that or a just a bow.  If it doesnt fit in your car, I would call the giver and ask what their preference is as to giving it to the bride before or after the shower.  I'm assuming the shower isnt a surprise, maybe if you give it to the bride she or someone like her mom could bring with them to shower if the giver really feels strongly about it being there. I hope that made sense, I'm having a really rotten day and dont think I am coherent of course that could also be the concussion I'm wondering if I have.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Concussion?! What happened?
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it would be fine to bring it in advance. I don't really see a big deal with things like this, I know some people are like wedding Nazis, but eh... Do what you gotta do. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • slipped on the stupid ice taking G to school this morning and I dont remember anything except opening my eyes and seeing him laying on the ground next to me, so I dont know if I lost consciouness or not, I'm a mess right now. Sorry dont wanna highjack your post...

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• I think it would be fine to bring it in advance. I don't really see a big deal with things like this, I know some people are like wedding Nazis, but eh... Do what you gotta do. 
    Agreed do what you gotta do!

designer303 - I hope you are alright! If you don't feel right get checked out!  

• @designer303 are you somewhere where others will notice if you start feeling worse? Sorry you have me worried. I hope you are okay, that is scary, especially with LO with you. In response to the original post - I would try to have someone come and take it for you. I agree with the giant bag idea, even a garbage bag with a nice bow might work. They should have given you a heads up about the size of the gift. Truthfully, they should have just had it shipped to the bride.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @Aprildrew04 yes thanks for the concern I am at work and LO is at school, they are keeping a close eye on him he had a hood and hat on and he seemed fine until he realized I was upset.  So far they say he is acting normally at school so hopefully he is ok and I feel a little off, but we have a lot going on right now.  I am somewhat scared too, just becuase I cant really remember what happened, but I can remember everything after and have been able to get some work done so my Doc thinks I am okay unless I start having other symptoms.

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• @princesspetunias I agree with others just do whatever works for you... a 3' tall gift is ridic for someone make you deal with

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• Hope everything is ok @designer303!

@princesspetunias I'd ask the relative if they mind before not bringing it to the actual shower. My other thought is, is it so big that your cousin won't be able to get it home? She might appreciate getting it earlier, kwim?

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• I agree with giving it in advance. It would be easier on the bride to not have to cart it home. You could always make a video or take pictures for the person to see her opening it.

@designer303 I hope you feel better and that everything is OK!

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Thanks ladies for all the concern and good wishes, its becoming pretty clear that I hit my head on the ice and lost consciousness for a few seconds, but so far my doc thinks I do not have a concussion.  G is at school and he seems fine, luckily he landed in a snow bank and from his position it would seem that I held onto him until I hit the ground. 

@Princesspentunias I'm really sorry for hijacking your post... I feel badly

April 2015 IVF#1

Silly mugglesimage

• Thanks ladies for all the concern and good wishes, its becoming pretty clear that I hit my head on the ice and lost consciousness for a few seconds, but so far my doc thinks I do not have a concussion.  G is at school and he seems fine, luckily he landed in a snow bank and from his position it would seem that I held onto him until I hit the ground. 

@Princesspentunias I'm really sorry for hijacking your post... I feel badly

Please take care of yourself, concussion symptoms can take a bit to show.  Just make sure you are watched through the night tonight too.  ((HUGS)) 

• Don't apologize! I'm worried for you too.
  • Thanks everyone! That's what I wanted to hear so that I wouldn't feel guilty about giving early. I worried I was being lazy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"