November 2012 Moms

refusing dinner!

UGH, we cannot get LO to eat dinner which makes her wake up earlier bc she's starving!  She has a great breakfast, e.g., egg with cheese and a banana.  Decent lunch but she wont eat dinner...not sure if its the choices or shes just not hungry.  We feed her at 5:15 & she has a 5 oz bottle at 6:45.  

Anyone else have this experience?  What are your LO's fav foods right now?  Im desperate! 

Re: refusing dinner!

• Does she down the bottle? If so maybe cut that out and move dinner time back? Some nights N doesn't eat much dinner and I don't really worry about it. He still sleeps 10-12 hours at night though so I figure he is getting enough during the day. Some of his current favs are Mac & cheese, sweet potatoes, shredded pork, pinto beans & rice, homemade pizza.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Benjamin sometimes does this. But it seems to be based on food choices. But he sleeps 12 hours either way. Maybe move dinner back to 5:45 or 6? We have dinner at 5:30 with an additional 7:00 bedtime bottle of 8 Ounces. He's got a big appetite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • DD was weird about lunch over the weekend.  I agree with the others that maybe your LO isn't hungry yet that early.  DD's favorites vary with who is feeding her (she eats better for my mom).  We give her eggs with meat and veggies and quesadillas a lot.  She's also getting into paninis and other sandwiches.  

• ever try breakfast for dinner?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• H has a shit fit about eating in the high chair pretty often, but he does eat. Sometimes when we get home from DC (around 5:30), he literally cries with hunger. He's an early dinner kind of kid, I guess. Does she have an afternoon snack?

image   My chart 

• yep. Z will go through phases. he's not a big meal kid. He often has yogurt and apple sauce for dinner cause he won't eat what we have. one night it was goldfish and graham crackers :). I'm pretty laid back about dinner as long as he eats something. I know he gets a good breakfast and lunch and snacks at daycare. sometimes it's early dinner and sometimes he prefers to eat later. try cutting out the bottle and reoffer the food instead. also when is snack time and how much is she drinking before hand? she could be getting full on other stuff and needs it later.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • V sometimes does this sometimes. I think it's more food choices than anything. On those nights I will just offer a yogurt, a scrambled egg,  or some cheese and crackers to be sure he has something in his stomach.

As far as favorites he likes egg bowties cooked in chicken broth, green beans, steak, pasta and meatballs. He also loves corn on the cob right now. Not much nutritional value, but often if he holding that and eating it I can sneak in whatever we are eating,
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sometimes DS doesn't eat much at dinner. His DCP feeds him a snack around 4 or 5 and then we eat dinner around 7, and he does bottle & bed at 9. If he doesn't eat a lot, we usually don't force it, but I get that it's super annoying when they wake up during the night due to hunger.

His favorites are (not all healthy things, please don't judge me) any long pasta like spaghetti or linguini, French toast, pancakes, meatballs, broccoli, cheese, bananas, quesadillas, guacamole.
  • LJ does this. He will take a couple bites and then push the rest on the floor or in his lap. His favorites are lasagne, steak and any kind of noodle. But we don't eat those things often. Usualy we serve him a bit of whatever we eat, unless its spicy. Then he get's his own thing.
    imageimage"Image">image"Image">image
  • thanks...I feel like their tastebuds are in constant flux.  She does drink a ton of water so maybe Ill cut that out before dinner...Im going to try some long noodles bc she does like string cheese.  Im also going try quesadillas again
  • Ditto what @maebb said about guacamole.  It's like toddler crack for us.

image   My chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"