Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Heating baby food?

We are going to start solids this weekend. I puréed a sweet potato and divide it up. I understand storage and thawing, but I am guess my daughter won't like cold food from the fridge? How do you go about heating it up? The same way yo do as a bottle or do you put it in the microwave? Seems basic, but I want to see what others are doing.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
TTC 12/2009 Me: 32 – Thyroid issues (on Levothroid)
IUIs 1-3 with Clomid + Ovidrel + Gonal-F, BFNs
12/11 went to a new RE and DH had another SA and was diagnosed with Varicoceles
2/12 DH had Varicocele Repair
BFP- expecting 08/19/13
Daughter born 8/17/13

Re: Heating baby food?

• Options
    I always freeze my purees in ice cube trays which measures out to about 1oz.  I just pull one cube out, place it in one of her bowls and microwave for 20 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 10.  We have a 900 watt microwave which is very low wattage, your time may differ.  Daycare doesn't have a microwave, they just place her bowl in another bowl of very hot water.  You could do either way, whatever is easier for you!
  • Options
    I haven't heated up his food or bottles at all yet. We've done banana, applesauce, and sweet potato so far. I should try heating the sweet potato to see how he reacts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I place his plastic, small
    Bowl in a larger bowl of warm water for a few mins. It gets room temp.
  • Options
    Our bottle warmer has a jar attachment, so I heat up his jarred food in there.  If its my homemade food I microwave like the other ladies posted above.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    Frozen we let thaw in the fridge. If it's been in the fridge we serve cold. She likes it cold since she is teething.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I should try it cold to see how that goes!
    TTC 12/2009 Me: 32 – Thyroid issues (on Levothroid)
    IUIs 1-3 with Clomid + Ovidrel + Gonal-F, BFNs
    12/11 went to a new RE and DH had another SA and was diagnosed with Varicoceles
    2/12 DH had Varicocele Repair
    BFP- expecting 08/19/13
    Daughter born 8/17/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"