September 2014 Moms
Options

Talk to me about SCHs

I was bleeding pretty heavily this morning, so I went to the doc. After a wait of what seemed like forever, the doc came in & checked out everything. She said I have a SCH & that I just need to come back in a week to have it monitored & let them know if I start bleeding through a pad in an hour or more. I'm passing a few really big clots that are scaring the crap out of me. I've already hit up Dr. Google & that's scaring me more, it said that when they appear later in 1st tri there is an increased risk of m/c.

If you had one, how long did it last? Did you have clots? Is that normal? 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
image image imageimage 

Re: Talk to me about SCHs

• Options
    ham0216ham0216 member
    edited February 2014

I went to the ER this past weekend with the same problem.  I started fearing the worst because it was SO much blood (no clots).  After a pelvic exam and finding the baby & HR on u/s, they want me to come back a week from today to keep an eye on things.  I'm on complete pelvic rest, no strenuous exercise, etc.  I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.  I know how nerve wracking it is.  I'm literally terrified to go to the bathroom.  They told me pretty much the same & just try to keep my feet up, let hubby take over the chores this week, and if the bleeding increases more than a period or combines with pain/fever to call them immediately. I'll be thinking of you during this long week of waiting... Just try to stay positive & relax (easier said than done I know!) Hope it heals right up for you and you'll have a great report next week!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks. Good luck to you too. This is so nerve wracking!

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    image image imageimage 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I was told I have a small SCH after my first u/s at 6w4d. My doctor has not monitored it because she said its small and I haven't had much bleeding (knock on wood).

I posted a similar thread on PgAL not too long ago and got some very reassuring and helpful responses. I'm mobile, so I can't link...but you can prob find it pretty easily if you click on my discussions.

Did your dr put you on pelvic rest? My OB said no sexy time or exercising and to generally take it easy.

I hope you feel better soon, love. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions or want to talk.

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• Options
    @nyg2042 She did put me on pelvic rest, no sex, exercising, stairs, grocery shopping, etc. She said that since my commute to work was short & I sit at a desk all day, I was ok to do that, but nothing more. The bleeding definitely seems to be letting up, but it was bad this morning, real bad. Thanks for the feed back. <3

image image imageimage 
  • Options
    Sorry you are going through this. :( Hope things get better.
    Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
    BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks @bookqueen!

image image imageimage 
  • Options
    JustCricketJustCricket member
    edited February 2014
    I was bleeding pretty heavily this morning, so I went to the doc. After a wait of what seemed like forever, the doc came in & checked out everything. She said I have a SCH & that I just need to come back in a week to have it monitored & let them know if I start bleeding through a pad in an hour or more. I'm passing a few really big clots that are scaring the crap out of me. I've already hit up Dr. Google & that's scaring me more, it said that when they appear later in 1st tri there is an increased risk of m/c.

If you had one, how long did it last? Did you have clots? Is that normal? 
    I got diagnosed with SCH last Friday. I had myself convinced for like a week that I was m/c. Thankfully it's just the clot ad a little blood in the other horn of my ute (bicornuate ute here) They told me to rest up, not to lift anything, pelvic rest (no sex or O's!) and the exact same thing with the bleeding... if I bleed through a pad . I had more 'clots' last week. They were all brown and stringy (sorry if that's tmi) it's lessened up and even went away for a few days (back today though!)

ETA- I'm guessing they didn't schedule me for a weekly check up since my 12w appt is on Monday (just barely over a week from when I was there last)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Thanks @flyawaycricket. Fx for some good news for you on Monday!

image image imageimage 
  • Options
    I found out today that I also have a SCH. Yay, right! :-(  They found it on my 6 week ultrasound (thanks new OB for not telling me, ugh!) and it grew just a little bit between week 6 and 8.  They are pretty sure that the SCH is the cause of the spotting I was having between weeks 5-6. 

At this point they did the same thing to me -- put me on pelvic rest. No working out, groceries, cleaning, lifting, sex, the whole ball of wax.  Since my drive to work is only 15 minutes and I sit at a desk all day, I do get to to go work with the condition I park on the street below my building and not my parking space 4 blocks away. 

I have another ultrasound next Wednesday and they are going to measure it again.  I haven't had any bleeding, spotting, nada since early in week 6 and my doctor did not seemed worried about it at all.... so I am trying my best not to worry about it either. My doctor is pretty straight up honest with the realities of pregnancy, so if there really was a cause for worry I feel like she would have told us. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    @mmason12, sorry you're joining this party too. Hopefully you & I both get good news on Wednesday!

image image imageimage 
  • Options
    nyg2042 said:
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I was told I have a small SCH after my first u/s at 6w4d. My doctor has not monitored it because she said its small and I haven't had much bleeding (knock on wood). I posted a similar thread on PgAL not too long ago and got some very reassuring and helpful responses. I'm mobile, so I can't link...but you can prob find it pretty easily if you click on my discussions. Did your dr put you on pelvic rest? My OB said no sexy time or exercising and to generally take it easy. I hope you feel better soon, love. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions or want to talk.
    This pretty much is me exactly. Just went back on Monday and it did get smaller. However, still on pelvic rest with orders to take it as easy as I can. Going back in 2 weeks for another sono. 

I did have one with my first DS too. No bleeding g with that one either. All worked out fine.

Good luck! I know your nerves are probably shot. Hope you can relax some!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had one last time with some spotting and it cleared up just fine and i have a healthy little girl! I have one again this time too. It's scary I know but just stay positive bc they often clear up on their own if they're 1 cm or under especially.
  • Options
    Thanks @ziongirl77. They didn't tell me how big it was, but I had to go back yesterday for my 1st ob appt & my doc said it looked like it was resolving quickly. Glad to hear yours went away too.

image image imageimage 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"