Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

One year old Bday present ideas?

Hi ladies! My little cousin is turning one soon and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me a few ideas for a gift? What did your LO love at that age? He's a boy and just started walking-- if that helps any. Thanks in advance! My son is 15 weeks so we are just getting into toys.

Re: One year old Bday present ideas?

• How much do you want to spend?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• We got DD a bunch of board books for her bday. She especially loves the touch and feel ones.

My FIL got her a sports toy that she LOVES. She spends hours playing with it now. It's got a basketball hoop and ball and it makes it cheering sounds and puts a point on the scoreboard whenever a basket is made (although DD found the noise button and usually just presses it on her own instead of putting the ball in), and baseball on a tee that she can hit with the bat, and then a football that spins between the goalposts. I think it's by Little Tykes and was maybe $20-$30.

Pregnancy Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • DS loves books, especially life-the-flaps that have something hiding behind them. Also, at this age, stacking and nesting toys are great.
  • How much do you want to spend?

Around $30. (That might sound cheap for a cousin but we do give him birthday and Christmas. And we gave a really nice Christening gift. So it adds up) =)

• It doesn't sound cheap at all.

Some things my son has loved are his Little tikes tool bench (we found it for $30 on sale at walmart), his tunnel, little tikes basketball hoop, anything with little people, blocks, board books, play food, anything that stacks, knob puzzles.

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• My LO's favs were a music box  (she could listen to it all day!)

and lift the flap books like "Where is Baby's Belly Button?"  and  interactive board books like "Lick!"

other little things that are provided sustained fun are bubbles (the gymboree brand), and a mylar helium balloon

• Our son loves the Vtech go go smart cars and train set. He plays with it every day for long periods of time. It was the best gift we got and it should be interesting to him until he's at least 5 (Package says it's for 1 year to 5 years old). I would highly recommend it.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My son LOVES his little tikes basketball hoop.  Like will make baskets all day long.  He also really likes the "B Wheeee-ls" Cars I got at Target (the kind you pull back and they go). 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #1 DS born 10/16/12 at 39w6d
    BFP #2 DD lost 11/17/14 at 17w2d
  • My son got this drum containing several other musical instruments for Christmas (the same week as his birthday) and he loves it. It's definitely what I would pick if I were getting a gift for a child his age.

Some other toys he really likes in your price range:
    Personalized name puzzle.
    Dump truck with blocks
  • DS LOVES cars, trucks... any vehicles he can "vrrooom vrrooom vrrooom" around!  So maybe pick up a couple of cars and trucks, plus "The Little Blue Truck" book? Haven't come across a kid who doesn't love The Little Blue Truck!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • musical instruments (rhythm sticks, maracas, drum, egg shakers, tamobourine), balls, lift the flap books, plastic animals, play food, foam blocks, helium-filled balloons
  • Brynn got this and loves it. My 3-year-old son plays with it too.

• lyweddinglywedding member
    edited February 2014
    Any of the B toys from target. DS loves the drum mentioned above and it's not annoying either. :) He also loves mega bloks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"