Boston Babies

Daycare in Norfolk/Franklin, MA area

Hi!  I'm new on here, and looking for a day care in the Norfolk/Franklin, MA area.  I'm fine with in-home or a center.  Does anyone have recommendations?  With pricing would be helpful.  Thanks!

Re: Daycare in Norfolk/Franklin, MA area

• Hey, sorry I can't help answer thus but I'm new to Franklin and looking to see what others post! I will reply if I hear anything but wanted to say hi and let you know I'm in the same boat! When are you due?
  • I grew up in Franklin and plan on moving back there within the next year.

I'm not sure on daycare centers (I know there's a kindercare on Pond St but don't know anything about it) but I know quite a few people that went to Sharon Gosselin - an at home daycare and they rave about her.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm expecting in Franklin as well. Glad to know there are some moms to be in the same boat! Don't know about any childcare in the area yet though. Good luck with your search!
  • Hi ladies! I moved to Franklin last year with my 1-year-old and did tons of research on local daycare options. I'd already had my little guy in daycare in our previous city (Nashua, NH) and loved that facility but was stunned by how much more expensive the daycare is in this area!

We started our son at Franklin KinderCare, switched to DreamStation in Ashland when a space opened up there (because it was cheaper), and then ultimately switched back to KinderCare, so I'll speak to both.

KinderCare: I love this KinderCare, and I had been kind of anti-KinderCare to start with because I thought it was like daycare McDonald's. I was afraid it would be too pre-packaged, unpersonal, super-corporation, etc. But it is NOT! The people there are so friendly, so welcoming, and seem so genuinely happy to be there with our kids every day. The kids are active and occupied with great activities throughout the day, get plenty of outdoor time, and bring home tons of cute projects. But my very favorite thing about KinderCare is the great job they do of making parents feel involved: they have regular activities in the evening (last week was Winter Gala, next week is the Valentine's Day party) for parents to socialize and get to know each other; they also have a Parents Committee, send very frequent email updates and newsletters, and provide Parents' Night Out a couple of Fridays per month, where you can leave your kids there for several hours in the evening to have date night (I think it costs around $45)! I feel like I really know all of the staff there, and the other parents as well, because they do so much to get people in and involved, and that's been really important to me since we moved to Franklin and didn't know any other parents here. Overall, I'm so thrilled with this facility, and I like the little perks that being part of a big company brings: online payments (yay, no more remembering weekly checks!), easy transferring between KinderCares if you move, etc. We pay a hefty $375/week for our little guy in the 2-year-old room, and that still makes my heart flutter a little bit when I add it up over a month or a year, but I feel really good about having him there so it's worth it.

DreamStation: this had been recommended by my husband's colleague and was perfectly fine. It was the least expensive facility we could find in the area (I think we paid something like $280/week for an 18-month-old). The facility was good: they have spacious rooms, a big indoor gym for when it's too cold or rainy to go outside, a nice playground, and a very convenient location next to the Ashland commuter rail if you're commuting into Boston. The rooms at KinderCare are smaller and they don't have an indoor gym, so those things were really great at DreamStation. I think we would have been perfectly satisfied with DS if we hadn't already experienced KinderCare, but since we tried them back-to-back, my preferences felt really clear. DreamStation was truly fine - even good - as a childcare facility, but didn't provide the sense of community and involvement that I was seeking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I visited a very nice woman named Ida who runs Happy Babies Daycare out of her home. That's the one on Pond Street. We thought she was really nice but I think we are going for a Center instead of Home Care. She has a couple of openings.

Here is her website:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"