January 2013 Moms

Mod

Am I the only one who really likes that our board can get along and function without a moderator?

Re: Mod

• I mostly lurk, but everyone on here seems so nice that there isn't much need for a mod!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I vaguely remember there being a person I didn't particularly care for way back when but I'm pretty sure she either left for good or left for the FB group. Either way, she wasn't bad, she just didn't seem like my kind of person.  I do like to lurk on other pages and I gotta say, we are pretty darn lucky!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, the one and only girl who annoyed me left for FB and never came back. Love the rest of you :)
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• I didn't even know we had a mod. I agree that we don't need one, if something out of line happens I have all faith that one of our regulars will step in and do the right thing.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• We definitely lucked out with the mamas here! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MichieU79 said:
    I didn't even realize mods were necessary on most boards..then again, the other boards scare me sometimes. This and the toddler group are the only ones I frequent now. We are a really nice bunch though and thank goodness for that. Not too sure where I'd turn for advice if I didn't have the January Mamas!
    This.  I have learned so much on this board and the Attachment Parenting board (also a really nice/sane/drama-free board).  Being a FTM, I really don't know where I would have learned about so many things without you guys!  
  • I seriously forgot about Mods until now. We rock.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had no idea how harsh some of the boards are until I started snooping around recently. This is an amazing group. So glad this was my first contact with a board because I never would have stuck around.
  • I love love love love our board. Other ones have some annoying, trying-too-hard-to-sound-cool, snarky people. I'm hear for support and good advice. No need for constant sarcasm or arguing. Thanks everyone!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Agree with everyone! I tried the facebook group, but then went dormant for about a week and they kicked me out. I couldn't figure out how to keep up with posts as well on the facebook page which didn't help when I needed advice and my post would get moved to the bottom because no one would respond. I love the fact that everyone is responsive and attentive to everyone else here and that most drama was kicked to the curb early. <3 you guys :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• I don't think Landosmom is on the FB group that started while we were pg. I've been here since bfp (different SN) and I don't remember much drama. Definitely a good board.

Harry Styles = Life Ruiner

There’s a lightning in your eyes I can't deny
    Then there’s me inside a sinking boat running out of time
    Without you I'll never make it out alive
    But I know, yes, I know we’ll be alright
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    J. 1.14.13 my reason for breathing 
  • I've only posted once or twice. I mainly lurk but I do agree this board has been amazingly helpful and so loving. Thanks for all the support ladies, all your questions have been questions I need answered and you all do it beautifully :) stay sweet!
  • I am mostly a lurker, but have recently tried going to the September 14 board (cuz baby #2 is on the way) and the handful of times I have gone there I have had to leave quickly because I can only take so many nasty comments and references to the other people on the board being "idiots" (you get the idiot title if you have the audacity to post a topic that was already talked about once in another post...no matter how long ago...how DARE you waste their precious time). I decided I will stick to lurking here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"