Dads & Dads-to-be

Baby Evelyn is here!

Evelyn Faith was born at 11:30 PM on Sunday February 16th, She weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 19 inches long with a full head of dark hair. Also to all those wondering I did not tell my gf what she was having instead she found out herself from a nurse at the hospital who didn't know my gf didn't want to know and asked how our baby girl was doing. So I kept it a secret for most of the pregnancy. So excited to finally meet my little princess!
Lilypie - (QYVI)
Daisypath - (cbj9)

Re: Baby Evelyn is here!

• So it looks like most of us lost our bet with you.  Congrats and good job.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congrats man, for the baby and for keeping the secret. I sort of forgot about the bet. How did your wife take hearing what she was having from the nurse?
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!

• Congrats! Very exciting.
  • @polooo27 she was so mad and then she started crying which made the nurse feel bad once I told her why my gf was crying. The nurse bought Evelyn a stuffed bear as an apology.
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • Congrats!
    Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • Another baby at Dads and Dads to be!!!

Congrats, and welcome, Baby Evelyn!  

• @polooo27 she was so mad and then she started crying which made the nurse feel bad once I told her why my gf was crying. The nurse bought Evelyn a stuffed bear as an apology.

That would make for a really good SouthWest airlines wanna get away commercial. That nurse probably won't be doing that again for a long time. Has your gf got over it yet? Were you free to talk about girl stuff once she knew or did you pretend it never happened?
  • Nurse can be evil, although this just sounds like an innocent mistake.  When our son was born, one nurse came in to take the boys vitals while I was getting some food or something.  I come back into the room, and my wife looks like she is on the verge of crying.  This nurse is being a total bitch, complaining that our newborn won't let her take his vitals because he is fussing too much.

I went over to the little basinet he was in, started stroking his hair and claming him down, and she had no problem getting his vitals.  She acted shocked, and I was like, "maybe next time you can do your job and calm him down yourself like I just did without bitching at my wife about how unmanagable my 2 day old son is."

Maybe she was just having a bad day, but bitching about a newborn to the mom, on a baby ward, seems quite lame to me.

• Congrats on Evelyn's arrival and for not being the one to spill the beans!
  • @ladyjenna13 Your nurse sounds like a real witch and yeah that was lame of her. The nurse we had, not the one who gave Evelyn the bear, was a cranky old woman who was mad at my gf for asking if Evelyn could be in the room instead of the nursery.
    Lilypie - (QYVI)
    Daisypath - (cbj9)
  • The hospital where both our sons were born were both staffed with really nice nurses... I guess we caught a break.  There were some we liked more than others, but never really had a complaint about them. 

I know some nurses ask if you want to put the kid in the nursery to get some overnight sleep, but they should never get mad at you for asking for the baby to be in the room with you.
  • Congrats!  I'm also glad that I accurately predicted you would keep the secret.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"