March 2011 Moms
Options

Can Stress/getting angry cause a MC?

DH and I got into a big argument today over something stupid. It was stupid but it really pissed me off. Anyways, I ended up yelling, crying, the whole nine yards. I tried to calm myseld down quickly but I can't help but wonder if getting this angry hurts the baby. Any thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can Stress/getting angry cause a MC?

• Options
    Maybe if you're early on? ... I just think of the Grey's season finale where the shooting happened and Meredith had a miscarriage. I know it's on TV, but seems likely.
  • Options

I know I was told stress could make things worse when I was bleeding so, maybe.

I know that the baby feels stressed out when you are stressed.

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Our son died at 16weeks 6days on September 22, 2010 The greatest thing you?ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You'll be fine.  There are women who have babies in wartime and other extremely stressful times.  Prolonged stress is not a good thing, but an argument isn't a big deal.
  • Options
    everything that affects you can somehow affect the baby.  I was stressed this past week because of switching jobs and what not and i bleed the day before i started.  I don't think something like an arguement can affect you seriously enough to cause a miscarriage.  My sister was pregnant, and lost her job, her husband lost her job and our grandfather passed away in a matter of days.  She ended up losing the baby... I believe her reason was due to stress.  I wouldn't worry at this point though. 
    HarLynn's mama
  • Options
    I really don't think so.  I know it's not a good thing but I don't buy that it can cause a m/c.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldnt worry as long as you arent cramping or bleeding.  DH and I argue all the time and our LO is doing fine!
    Joshua 1:9 - "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
  • Options
    i dont think so. i mean in extreme trauma, yes. think car accident, shooting, break-in something like that. but think of the crazy hormones raging through our bodies, crying is going to happen. i had a crying episode yesterday that was pretty intense (dh issues as well) and i consciously tried to breathe deeply and not get too riled up. of course im not a dr, but all of my m/c's werent due to stress and i can't imagine a fight with my husband is going to cause another one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No.  Everyday stress (arguments, family problems, etc.) does not cause miscarriages.  After my first miscarriage, my MIL suggested that it was because I was under stress caused by my elderly parents and work.  I know she didn't mean harm, but it sent me into a tailspin.  After my second miscarriage, I met with my RE and one of my first questions was about stress.  After he apologized on my MIL's behalf for even suggesting that, he assured me that the mind and body would have to be under severe and continuous stress (the example he used was being held captive) for it to cause a miscarriage.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My personal opinion is that if you were extremely stressed and anxious every single day then it could  negatively impact the pregnancy. One argument? Definitely not
  • Options
    Even to the point of your whole body shaking? I get this when having to deal with my husbands sons's mother. I get so angry with her that it becomes involuntarily shaking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"