January 2014 Moms

**MSPI Mama Check-in**

How did baby sleep last night? Any problems regarding spit up, back arching, being uncomfortable? What have you been eating? Have you spoken to the doctor? If so, what advice were you given that you'd like to share?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: **MSPI Mama Check-in**

• Sorry for the combined questions....I pushed the <> button and didn't work....stoooopid iPad!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Baby woke up every 2.5-3 hours last night....she grunted and wretched for the better part of the night. I took out all dairy and soy. I had chicken BBQ (prob too acidic) and green beans, granola with coconut milk (x2), water (I need to drunk a lot more), soft pretzels from Auntie Anne's, and I had a salad from saladworks. Baby was put on 0.8ml of reflux meds today....the doctor thinks she has a sensitivity to soy, but not really dairy and I can reintroduce some dairy to see if she has a reaction. She said it's trial and error at this time. If the meds don't work, we will go to nutramagin...if that doesn't work, allergy test with blood work....if that's a no go, we go to the GI doc.

• Loading the player...
  • DD slept in the RnP for about 2.5 hours before she started fussing, so I brought her to bed with me, where she grunted and kicked all night long. She will be 6 weeks old on Thursday and I have been dairy and soy free for about 3 weeks now. I have also cut out caffiene, eggs and peanut butter. She seems to be getting better, but still spits up a lot and has a pretty rough time with gas. It was better than it was 2 weeks ago!
    It's amazing how much food soy and diary is in. I pretty much eat the same thing everyday because I know it's safe to eat. Breakfast -- I have oatmeal with fresh fruit and almond milk. I'll have more fresh fruit for a snack later, or toast and almond butter. For lunch I will have a tuna sandwich (instead of mayo I use mashed avacado-- so yummy), an almond butter and jelly sandwich, or left overs from dinner the night before. For dinner I will have some lean meat, sweet potato and veggies. I have found some yummy dark chocolate that doesn't contain soy or dairy! Also, coconut milk ice cream is amazing!!
    DD isn't on any meds from the pedi, but we started giving her Colief before every feed (EBF) and it seems to help her a little bit. We also have her on Gerber Soothe Drops, I doubled up on my probiotics and I think we are going to look into taking her to a chiropractor this week.
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • @elsutto2 be careful with almond milk, when I looked at it a few years back, there was soy in it.  And breads were hard for me to find too.

• wedbliss5 said:

@elsutto2 be careful with almond milk, when I looked at it a few years back, there was soy in it.  And breads were hard for me to find too.

Silk is soy-free Almond Milk! The bread I eat is Rudy's Gluten Free, no soy or dairy!

• mrskrattmrskratt member
    edited February 2014
    Elsutto2 said:

wedbliss5 said:

@elsutto2 be careful with almond milk, when I looked at it a few years back, there was soy in it.  And breads were hard for me to find too.

Silk is soy-free Almond Milk! The bread I eat is Rudi's Bakery Gluten Free, no soy or dairy and surprisingly tastey!

Edit- I tried to edit my post above but ended up replying to myself. Fail.

• Amylou333 said:

@elsutto2 tuna with mashed avocado? YUM! Totally having this for lunch.

It's one of my favorites! If we don't have avocado, I'll do a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.... Still pretty good!

• MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
    edited February 2014
    I'm going to wegman's today bc it's a specialty supermarket where I know I can get a bunch of different foods to eat. I know I have to stay away from dairy, peanuts, whey, soy, casein, wheat.....anything else you all can think of? I wish I had a list of groceries to get and someone say: eat this. I don't trust myself bc I'll pick something like I did yesterday: so excited bc Oreos were on the one list...well, I got the chocolate with the birthday cake filling....well, there's soy lecithin in it....I had about 8 btw yesterday and today...she also threw up a lot again after my pedi said to try to reintroduce dairy...no go.

• @miamypuggle most babies are OK with soy lecithin.  Dd1 only got fussy if I ate like half a package, so you should be okay.

• I'm going to wegman's today bc it's a specialty supermarket where I know I can get a bunch of different foods to eat. I know I have to stay away from dairy, peanuts, whey, soy, casein, wheat.....anything else you all can think of? I wish I had a list of groceries to get and someone say: eat this. I don't trust myself bc I'll pick something like I did yesterday: so excited bc Oreos were on the one list...well, I got the chocolate with the birthday cake filling....well, there's soy lecithin in it....I had about 8 btw yesterday and today...she also threw up a lot again after my pedi said to try to reintroduce dairy...no go.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and was craving Oreos! Saw the soy in it and almost cried. I did buy some by Newmans Own that are soy, dairy and wheat free! They taste pretty good but don't get soggy enough when I dip them in my almond milk

:(

• Just got back from pedi- dd has blood in her stool. We are eliminating milk from my diet- @miamypuggle I'm off to wegmans tonight too. Ds had a milk allergy, so I'm familiar with that part. But we didn't eliminate soy for him. I'm only eliminating milk for two weeks, and then soy if need be. I'm sad about my coffee creamer- anyone found any substitutes that are similar?
  • @jackapatamus Nothing really compares to coffee creamer that I can find! I did try Coconut Milk Creamer today by Silk, wasn't too shabby.

• @elsutto2 I love my coffee and cream! I picked up the French vanilla one (maybe coconut milk based? ) and I grabbed the sweetened vanilla almond milk, and I also grabbed a mocha ice coffee- (almond breeze) maybe? It'll be good? Between the 3 I hope to find something that works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"