January 2014 Moms
Options

Baby poop and front loading washers

With DS I had top loader and I would just spray Oxyclean stain stuff on his poop marks and wash normally.  I had no issues with staining.  With DD I have front loaders and I am using the same spray.  I have yet to have one come out of the washer clean.  Anyone else experiencing this?  What type of stain spray are you guys using.  I feel terrible b/c my sweet SIL loaned me tons of clothes and I feel like I am ruining them all!  TIA!

Re: Baby poop and front loading washers

• Options
    I am EBF.  I will try the sun trick.  My mom said she used to put my nappies in the sun to air dry and it made them bright white.  I forgot about that!

• Options
    I don't have a front load washer, but definitely recommend sunning. It works great!
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are FF/BF. I've been using spray and wash, and so far everything has come out fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

• Options
    Wet the stain spot and sun dry.  Sometimes it takes more than once, but seriously the best stain remover EVER.  And its free!

• Options
    Does it have to be full sun? We aren't seeing it much these days.

• Options
    I have scrubbed the spot with dish soap if still wet then washed. I was going to put in the sun to dry but that took it out so I just hung it to dry. Remember not to dry in washer or it's set in.
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

• Options
    I always used where you could see the sun coming through the window, so I'm not sure how direct it needs to be.  Hopefully it works, but may just take longer.  I usually sprayed the stain through out the day too.

• Options
    I have this bottle of cleaner that I borrowed from my mom to clean something a while ago. It is called awesome and it really works well. I had a onesie that sat in the hamper for a few days with some poop stains on it (middle of the night change so I didnt know it had that on it at the time, I thought it was only pee) but it took the stains right out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"