Alabama Babies

St. Vincent's Tour

brittcraw75brittcraw75 member
edited January 2014 in Alabama Babies
Hello! I plan to give birth to my daughter at St. Vincent's (Birmingham) in May. Has anyone here been on the tour of the maternity ward? I plan to set up a tour for DH and me, so we can see everything for ourselves, but I also wanted to see what you ladies found worth mentioning. :) 

Are all their rooms the acclaimed "birthing suites?" I'm hoping so...my insurance states that it covers a semi-private room, but I'm hoping those don't exist at St. V's, because I really don't want any "semi" about my privacy before, during, or after birth. Just curious. DH and I wondered, so that we could go ahead and arrange for an upgrade, if necessary, in order to have a private room.

ETA: added hospital location

Re: St. Vincent's Tour

• I had my baby at st vincents in August. I took a class in June that had a tour of the suites. I liked the class because it gave me an idea of hospital policies. I only saw private rooms so I don't believe they have semi private rooms. You could use the dial a nurse number and ask. It's the same number you would use to schedule the tour.
  • I had both my boys at St Vincents (2009 & 2011), and the third one will be delivered there this May. Each room has been a private room, and it's kind of amazing how they transform the room for the actual birth. We've had nothing but pleasant experiences there and are anxiously looking forward to May. Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • @becca7903 I'm due in May, too! Thank you for the answer and peace of mind. :) Best of luck to you, too!
  • I had my daughter there in November. All of the rooms are private and are pretty spacious until delivery time. It's amazing how much stuff they fit in there, lol. The nurses were excellent and we have nothing but good things to say about the experience. My husband and I took the Understanding Birth class on a Saturday which included a tour of the maternity floor. The class was really helpful (especially for a nervous dad) and I would recommend taking it if you are able to do so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"