Baby Showers
Options

Small shower question

Hi,
My sister is throwing me a shower. It's small, 15-20 people consisting
of my close friends and family.
Some people have asked me where I registered that I didn't invite to the shower
How do I respond to where I registered? I don't want people to be offended they aren't invited to the shower.
Also, if people I didn't invite to the shower give me a gift I will feel really bad. (I believe my neighbors already bought my travel system) and I didn't invite them.
I might be worrying for no reason but am concerned it is going to be an awkward situation (receiving gifts from people not invited to the shower)
Any suggestions on how to deal with these situations would be appreciated
Thank you!

Re: Small shower question

• Options
    I wouldn't worry. I didn't have a shower, and plenty of people asked where I was registered/ bought gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    chrisy_01 said:
    Don't worry about it. Just make sure you send them thank yous as soon as you receive the gift
    This. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. A lot of people just love buying baby gifts, especially seasoned moms who would do anything to reach out and help a new mom. These people also understand that showers aren't free-for-alls. It's all good. Don't feel like you have to explain- that will just make things awkward.
  • Options
    Yup.  Don't worry about it.  People like to buy baby gifts.  Don't associate "registry" to "shower".  Just take their question at face value and answer it.

if, IF, anyone actually comes back to you and is like "why wasn't I invited?", just say "Oh, I just had a very small family only shower.".  Period.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"