Alabama Babies
Options

XP: My Birth Story

Well Sunday night we heard word that the Hospital was inducing (including c-sections) 22 women Monday morning, all of which were told to be there at 6:30, so we decided to get there an hour early! We still ended up waiting until 7 to get in the L&D room.

Once I got in the room I changed into my gown, got an IV started, got sick, and passed out, and was given a enema (spelling?)...... the doctor came in at 8am  said I had dilated another centimeter...so I was 3cm dilated when he broke my water, 100% effaced, and head was 0 station. I have been told having my water broke was going to hurt like hell, but it didn't, just was a little uncomfortable.

It wasn't 20 minutes later I was feeling the contractions. The first one made me cry...lol. But I managed, my husband rubbed my hair every contraction or was video taping, and I squeezed my mothers hand while she rubbed my lower back through each one. They hurt really bad, but I was surprised at how well I handled it. Right when they were getting worse and more frequent, I got the epi, I didn't even realize he had started the epi until he was done, I guess because I was having contractions right on top of another.

The nurse came in at 9:45 checked me and I was already 7cm dilated, and it hadn't been but an 1 and 1/2 hours at the most since my water was broke.

Then about 30 minutes later she asked me how I felt, I told her that I felt like I needed to push, and that I kind of felt like I was pushing without meaning too. She just said ok, and kind of ignored it. Then my doc came in about 30mins later asked me how I felt, I told him the same thing, so he had her check me. She checked me, and had the funny look on her face, I asked if something was wrong, she said, "no, its just weird, I've never seen someone dilate so fast, you 10cm already"

Lol, my mom started jumping up and down, my DH was ecstatic, she started getting everything ready for me to push. No one could believe that I had dilated so fast, especially being a first timer.

Well I started pushing at 10:42 am, doctor came in at 11, I was starting to rip, so he cut me, and I pushed 4 more times, and Bentley popped out at 11:10. I only pushed for 28 minutes.

I was in labor for 3 hours and 10 minutes. I feel very lucky, and it was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. I thought I'd be in labor until dinner. Even my doctor said that. He told me to have about 12 more babies for him, because I was his easiest delivery ever. Lol

Bentley Cole weighs 6lbs. 14 ounces, 19 inches long.

He still hasn't ate, he won't latch to my boob, and likes to pretty much just sleep. He has a head full of brown hair, blue eyes, and is more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I'm on cloud 9. I'm so in love with him, its so amazing.

I haven't been in any pain what so ever, and haven't taken anything but moltrin. I feel great and very fortunate. Everyone bragged about how nice I was during labor too....lol. I just new I was going to be a b!tch, I have no pain tolerance.

He are some pictures of my lil guy!! He looks like his daddy so much!

Re: XP: My Birth Story

• Options
    He is beautiful!!! Our birth stories are almost identical too!! Congrats and I am glad that you are both doing well. Don't worry about the feeding--it takes time.
  • Options
    What a beautiful baby and such a wonderful birth story!  I'm glad everything went so well for you.  Congratulations!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's great news! Congrats!!! What a wonderful Christmas present- nothing will ever top that
  • Options
    Congrats Ashleigh!!!  Bentley is absolutely precious and I'm glad that you had such a wonderful birth experience!!
  • Options
    He is beautiful!! Congratulations :o)
  • Options

He is so cute!  Congratulations. 

I am so glad you had an easy induction.  Once mine decided he wanted to come out we had a fast labor also.  From the time the nurse said I was 10 cm till the time he was born was about 30 min. also.

• Options

Oh and I also wanted to say not to worry too much about him not eating.  Jude did the same thing and we have no problem breastfeeding. They are extremely tired right after being born. It is alot of work for them also. 

I did have to see a lactation consultant in the hospital in order to get him to start latching correctly. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.   

• Options

I'm glad everythign is going well.  Keep trying to BF him - if he's not latching, get a nurse or a LC to help you!

Congratulations! he's beautiful!

• Options

Omigosh Ashleigh, CONGRATULATIONS!

He's beautiful and what a wonderful birth story too...seriously only 3 hours??? WOW =)

{hoping to have a birth story like yours!}

• Options
    Congratulations!  He is so handsome!  Thanks for your story...it gives me hope Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations!  He is precious!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!  He's beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"