January 2014 Moms

Fussy boy

The past 2 -3 days my one month old seems to want to eat every time he's awake we uped him to 5 oz a feeding today he wakes up every 2 1/2-3 hours screaming rooting and eating his hands like he's starving he's very gasy..... Not sure what to do?

Re: Fussy boy

• Feed him. Probably a growth spurt. Burp him do bicycles to try to release the gas.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• peanutmusepeanutmuse member
    edited February 2014
    Well, it seems pretty obvious to me -- if he's hungry, feed him. It's probably a growth spurt.

ETA: Oh yeah, and then burp him to help with the gas. Of course, can't forget that part! Or bicycles to work out the burps and farts.
  • Loading the player...
  • And eating 2 to 3 hours is very normal.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• @Roses87, are you in my brain today?

And I agree about 2.5 to 3 hrs being normal. I would even go so far to say that those are longer stretches than normal. My kid needs to eat every 1 to 1.5 hr at certain points during the day. Sometimes even more.
  • My 8 week old still eats every 2 to 3 hours. You might want to try some gas drops after feeding as well.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Since he was born he's always gone 3.5-4 hours between feelings just making sure I'm not over feeding him he is formula fed and all the parenting books say he should eat 3-4 oz every 3-4 hours
  • Wait, how long is normal for you? Every 5-6 hours? Babies digest at a fast rate since they are only digesting milk. Like PP mentioned, 2.5-3 hours is kind of on the longer stretch. Just feed him when he's hungry and burp every ounce if he's that gassy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with PP. My 3 week old eats, naps, wakes up and wants to eat again. Sometimes she only naps for 30 minutes-an hour and it's feeding time again.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My LO is 5 weeks old an EFF and he seats 3oz every 2-3 hours during the day. Night time he will go anywhere between 3-5 hours
  • I'm lucky if I get 3 hours between feedings with my 4 week old, and that is only during the day. At night, I'm lucky to get 2 hours. Not to mention the cluster feedings....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"