January 2014 Moms

NBR: Pastor killed after snake bite

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/snake-handling-ky-pastor-dies-from-snake-bite/2014/02/16/0cb4a5d8-976c-11e3-ae45-458927ccedb6_story.html
This story is crazy. I never knew snake handling in church was even a thing? This guy I guess  was in a reality TV series on the religious practice of snake handling and refused medical treatment after the bite and died. He though if he was bitten it was gods will to have him be bitten and that would be his destiny. I know this can be a touchy topic. I would like to avoid a debate on religion. But did anyone else not know snake handling during church was a thing?
BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
Its a surprise! Team green!

Re: NBR: Pastor killed after snake bite

• RedSaffronRedSaffron member
    edited February 2014
    Thank goodness our State doesn't have snakes or allowed to have them because we have endangered native species..
    ETA:mobile sucks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lol what an idiot
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Where are you @redsaffron ? I want to move there!
  • Yeah that kinda threw me for a loop when I saw that on the news, ha! Nuts. But hey! To each his own.
  • I grew up in a church that was United Pentecostal similar to the guy in this story, as far as religion goes there will always be those in all parts of the spectrum. I don't associate in any way with that type of belief any more but it still exists.
  • @chelsea33833 I'm stuck on an island in the middle of the pacific ocean. Thank God we don't have snakes or we be SOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I live in Tennessee near where that pastor was at. Unfortunately there are more people like this man around. His son is taking over his church and there was another young pastor who was arrested for possessing venomous snakes. I totally don't understand their thought process on this.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't want to sound like I have no sympathy for this man's family, but I sorta feel like.. you lie with dogs, you get fleas. Dumb ass.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"